Hitch for g35 coups. Easy Instructions!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 02:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hitch for g35 coups. Easy Instructions!

IF anyone was interested in getting a hitch for there g, {mines a 2005 coupe}, best bet is etrailer. Curt manufactufing makes a hitch them at about 170$ it comes with hitch tools fastners tongue and instructions. Only the instructions are ****. Here we go. Start with taking off the tail lights and rear bumber. THis link will show you all the bolts
http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Rear_...oval_%28G35%29
Once bumper is off put the hitch up against the the aluminum plate that is right behind the license plate and center it. once centered mark the holes on the top and bottom there is a total of 4. Use a punch and punch center of marked holes. drill through them. Heres the tricky part. the instructions says drill out a 1 1/2 inch hole in the middle to fit the bolts and square washer things in **** that. since the bumper is off you are able to acess the holes from the sides. You need one of those magnet wands that extends, put the bolt and washer on magnet and feed it down till your at the drilled holes. Wiggle bolt down hole and vuyllaaaa. If your cheap use a stick of wood and tape the head of the bolt to it. this way there is no drilling in the bumper, which i learned the hard way.. Bolt the hitch on according to the directions on the paper at right torques. Reassemble bumper and stuff. oh n cut the 1 and a 1/2 inch notch on bottom of bumper, for bottom of the hitch to fit. HOpe this makes it alottttt easier on you than the crappy instructions were on me! Now its a real 90 minute process..

Old 04-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
ya hole sawing those 1.5" cutouts took quite a while. i wonder if one could pull a 2 wheeled trailer with this hitch. I only use mine for a bike rack, but towing a lil trailer would sure save some headache on track nights!