Headlite question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlite question

Noob here

I have spent an hour or so checking the threads about headlites and have not found the answer to my problem

Tree branch fell and did a miracle shot on the left headlite of my roommates 11/04 g35 coupe. No paint damage, but it busted the assembly

He bought a set on ebay that are from a wreck.

Not sure when they changed from halogen to xenon, but the replacement set is definitly different in how the bulb mounts to the assembly. The wiring harness looks correct, but the replacement set does not have the power supply (piece that covers the low beam) so I'm sure if it is different.

The old assembly has an amber t/s lens and the new one has a clear t/s lens with an amber bulb.

The backing covers over where the bulbs are installed are both twist type covers on the new assembly, and the original assembly has one twist type cover and one that is attached with 3 screws and appears to be some sort of power supply/capacitor/ electrical widget

All help is appreciated, and let me know if i need to post part numbers to get a correct answer.

thanks,
D

Last edited by helluvaman; 07-20-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: additional information
Old 08-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you might want to search under "headlight" that's the more traditional way to spelling it

From my research, the 04's came in halogen and xenon as an option. If his car came with halogen headlights, he's not going to be able to run xenon headlights without a ballast and proper wiring. Not to mention the bulbs.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by helluvaman
Noob here

I have spent an hour or so checking the threads about headlites and have not found the answer to my problem

Tree branch fell and did a miracle shot on the left headlite of my roommates 11/04 g35 coupe. No paint damage, but it busted the assembly

He bought a set on ebay that are from a wreck.

Not sure when they changed from halogen to xenon, but the replacement set is definitly different in how the bulb mounts to the assembly. The wiring harness looks correct, but the replacement set does not have the power supply (piece that covers the low beam) so I'm sure if it is different.

The old assembly has an amber t/s lens and the new one has a clear t/s lens with an amber bulb.

The backing covers over where the bulbs are installed are both twist type covers on the new assembly, and the original assembly has one twist type cover and one that is attached with 3 screws and appears to be some sort of power supply/capacitor/ electrical widget

All help is appreciated, and let me know if i need to post part numbers to get a correct answer.

thanks,
D
An answer to what? You didn't ask a single question.

And as mentioned, it's "headlight" not "headlite."