long overdue fix for my DIY suspension how to

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 04:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do most aftermarket springs even out the front to back wheel gap difference?

Hey folks I got a question. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread for it. I'm here because I needed the instructions for installation. Is it just me or is the front end a little higher than the rear end? I'm thinking about installing Tein H-techs. Do most aftermarket springs even out the front to back wheel gap difference?

Thanks.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by obsdnoblivion
Hey folks I got a question. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread for it. I'm here because I needed the instructions for installation. Is it just me or is the front end a little higher than the rear end? I'm thinking about installing Tein H-techs. Do most aftermarket springs even out the front to back wheel gap difference?

Thanks.
Usually Tein 350z H-techs leave the rear higher than the front. See here for the fix https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension-diy/137046-diy-cutting-rear-springmount-aka-springmount-mod.html

Old 10-24-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
Usually Tein 350z H-techs leave the rear higher than the front. See here for the fix https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137046
Whoa, Tein H-techs will leave the rear higher?? On the sedan?? I've never heard of the rear being higher with any set up. I could actually live with that. Then there's the bonus of my subs when I finally put them in the car. That might get me right at even. But I just wanna make sure I read you right.

Last edited by obsdnoblivion; 10-24-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
Just completed my video DIY for Eibach Pro Kit install on a G35x .. recommend posting this like at the top of the thread:

Front strut (shock & spring) replacement (Eibach Pro Kit)

Old 02-04-2010, 01:04 AM
thanks

Old 09-01-2010, 09:46 PM
i don't think you have to unbolt A arm.

Originally Posted by Gsedan35
The link below is a copy of the DIY suspension install I wrote awhile back. I've been meaning to offer up a rewrite on the process for the front for a long time. But either I didn't have the time or it was out of side out of mind. Using a spring compressor while the front shock/spring is still mounted on the car is out. I make mention of the 350Z at one point because I actually typed this up first for a post on my350z.com

www.g-owners.com/article_read.asp?id=25

As a courtesy I'll spell it all out.

Remove nut on sway bar end link on suspension control arm.

Use floor jack to compress suspension upwards to relieve pressure on the sway bar end link bolt, you goal it to push the bolt out of the suspension arm.

Remove lower bolt on shock/spring assembly, you may or may not need to use the floor jack to adjust pressure on the suspension in order to free the bolt.

Unbolt the brake line from the shock, push off the speed sensor lines off the shock.

Look up at the bottom of the upper A arm that's closest to you. See the cotter pin in it. Remove that pin, your not going to be able to reuse it, replace it with a 3/32" by 1" pin on reasembly.

With the cotter pin out loosen the nut above it and turn it about 3 turn's. Since the A arm usually sticks in place on that bolt, you'll need to tap or whack the A arm with a rubber mallet to pop the bolt free. Once you get it free now take the nut off all the way. BUT be carefull once you do, the entire suspension will flop free and to the side, don't get hurt.

Now pop the hood of the car if you haven't already done so. Break free the 3 nuts that secure the top shock mount, removing only 2 nuts. On the 350Z IIRC you might have to remove the strut tower bar, though I could be wrong. Reach into the wheel well with one hand and grab the shock/spring assembly and push upwards while with the other free hand you undo the last upper shock mount bolt.

Guide the shock/spring assembly out of the car. Be very carefull at the fender lip, easy to scratch.

With the shock/spring assembly off the car it's time to deal with getting the spring off the shock. Some Z owner's may elect to not use a spring compressor, be carefull if you do.

When you get to the point of needing to break free the bolt the secures the shock to the shock mount here's how I figured out to break it free even if it's really on their hard.

Use the wrench in the middle of the picture, got mine at Sears 17mm and 19mm.

Use that wrench and a cresent wrench in the following order.

Place the shock/spring assembly on the highest grip surface you can find. Grab the wrench, put your foot on the whole assembly and pull back with as much as it takes to get the nut free.

Hope that helps,

Repeat on the other side of the car of course.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:20 AM
thanks for the tip!

Old 01-19-2011, 03:20 AM
i was thinkn bout installing Eibach Pro Kit for my coupe, the kits says bout 1-1.5 in drp. I heard when lowering with any kit should expect alil more than what the kit says.... is this true??? anyone install these on their coupe?? I dnt want it too low just alil more agressive