Anyone tried R1 Concepts OEM rotors?

Old 07-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Issue was resolved

Issue was resolved

Last edited by mammothman777; 07-23-2011 at 02:38 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by mammothman777
I purchased a set of the slotted cross drilled rotors on ebay and they were great at first until about 6 months later when they warped. I took my wheels off to see whats up and I found that the coating on the inside of the rotor was coming off so bad that it created grooves in my brake pads. This was the case on both sides and is starting to happen to the set I bought my dad also. Had to replace rotors and pads again and the pads still had almost all its lining. I tried contacting R1 through ebay, I tried contacting them through their site, I even opened a BBB dispute and they didn't reply to any of those. They are thieves and don't deserve anyone's business. Here is a picture of what it looks like:
<script src='http://img52.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=20110531154225.jpg&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript>
I've been using r1 rotors exclusively for all my customers I'd say for the past 2 years, and I haven't had a single complaint. Maybe there is another issue you are having?

Old 07-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mammothman777
I purchased a set of the slotted cross drilled rotors on ebay and they were great at first until about 6 months later when they warped. I took my wheels off to see whats up and I found that the coating on the inside of the rotor was coming off so bad that it created grooves in my brake pads. This was the case on both sides and is starting to happen to the set I bought my dad also. Had to replace rotors and pads again and the pads still had almost all its lining. I tried contacting R1 through ebay, I tried contacting them through their site, I even opened a BBB dispute and they didn't reply to any of those. They are thieves and don't deserve anyone's business. Here is a picture of what it looks like:
<script src='http://img52.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=20110531154225.jpg&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript>
Dear Customer,

This is the second forum that I have seen you became a member just to post the same topic and problem you are having. We responded to you on BBB, you did not leave a name or a number. Like we said in EVERY response we had with you since day one. Please give us a call toll free at 1-888-712-6623. R1 Concepts offers a one year warranty on warping and cracking on all of our rotors, I will take care of you. If it makes it easier, why don't you give me your name and number (since you are now a member, private message me your info), I will contact you. I do understand your frustration and trust me, that was not in our intentions to do so. Lets resolve this issue...

Thank you.

Last edited by r1concepts; 07-22-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by r1concepts
Dear Customer,

This is the second forum that I have seen you became a member just to post the same topic and problem you are having. We responded to you on BBB, you did not leave a name or a number. Like we said in EVERY response we had with you since day one. Please give us a call toll free at 1-888-712-6623. R1 Concepts offers a one year warranty on warping and cracking on all of our rotors, I will take care of you. If it makes it easier, why don't you give me your name and number (since you are now a member, private message me your info), I will contact you. I do understand your frustration and trust me, that was not in our intentions to do so. Lets resolve this issue...

Thank you.
R1 and I have resolved the issue.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had R1 concepts drilled/slotted rotors on my g35 coupe since 10/10. I have the powerstop brake pads, paid $276.00 for all 4 rotors/brake pads and have had nothing but good things to say. I've read alot of reviews stating that they rust, they crack, they eat through brake pads right away and I drive my G "spirited" on a daily basis and I have had no problems with them. Very minimal rust as you would get with any brake rotor but as far as quality goes, I have had no issues. Just make sure that if you get them, take your time and install them correctly and if your not sure have them proffessionally installed. Just my 2 cents, I have them and I like the look and have had no problems. I don't know about the OEM's but if they're from the same company you should be just fine.

P.S. I do not work for R1 concepts, just wanted to tell you my personal experience with them.

Last edited by okigdriver; 08-07-2011 at 09:11 PM. Reason: addition