Relentless Autosports Strut Bar - (NOT VRT!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
It's unfortunate for the members that are having problems with this strut bar that this thread is being p!ssed in as if people think it's their own sandbox to do whatever the hell they want in.

For those of you that are having problems with your products, feel free to start another thread for discussion regarding your issues. I'd like nothing more than to see everyone have their problems fixed, but this thread is clearly not the place to do it.

I'm not taking sides, I'd just like to see the members that are having issues with their products get help and this thread clearly is not heading in that direction.

Don't give me any BS about censorship or bias. If I wanted to censor anything, I'd have deleted this thread. Anyone that has any problems with this can take it up with me via PM.

Any re-hashing will result in a timeout.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
This is in regards to everyone who has purchased one of these STB's. This is directly from Scott. He will take care of everyone of his customers.

We have figured out what happened to cause the fitment issues some are experiencing on the passenger side brackets. Our fabricator made a mistake and used the wrong pick up hole for the C-channel (the part that the cross bar fits into) that was in the passengers side bracket's jig. He ended up fitting them to a higher up hole that was used on the brackets in the past and has since been changed.
Throughout the process of perfecting these strut tower braces in the past (given the very tight-under hood tolerances) we have made a few revisions to the jigs over time to get them just right. It appears that our fabricator at some point in the process of making this batch used the wrong pick up point (hole) on the C-channel of the passenger side bracket.

This is to let everyone know that we have found and acknowledged the problem and are in the process of making the new brackets the way they should have been made in the first place. We will have them available and sent out to those of you with this problem.
We assure you such a mistake will not happen again as we have filled in the older unnecessary holes in the jigs and fixtures.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your understanding and patience.

Relentless Autosports

Old 03-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
There is still no evidence to support the claim that all STB manufacturers have fitment issues when it comes to G35c or that said issue is inherent to the G35c coupe. We still have yet to be shown that either GT Spec or Stillen have these problems. So far we have seen that 2 Taiwanese branded names (NRG/Ritchie) and RA (I can't imagine that these are not also Chinese/Taiwanese made either and am almost certain that they are private labeled by RA) and a couple of peeps saying that their ARC (Japanese high end) have fitment issues. Seems like a simple deduction, but then again, who am I? Lol.

Darren
The original GTspec bar is the same as the RA bar.
Originally Posted by wa2good
FYI, Yes.............THIS IS my (formerly known as VRT) strut tower brace. I sent it to Noah over at GT Spec for them to look into mass producing these for me with their overseas connections (my fabricator is good, just slow)

I have made and sold well over 75 of these in the last year or so.

Just to clarify, this IS MY strut tower brace (formerly known as a VRT S.T.B. when I was a part of that company), I did design this and am working with GT Spec on SEVERALL projects (this being one). I look forward to working with them in the future in developing some more of my RELENTLESS AUTOSPORTS parts........... With the help of GT Spec

This strut tower brace is made of 4130 aircraft grade chromoly. It is designed to work with all plenums and plenum spacers. It does not fit with the big plastic engine cover, but it does work with the Z engine cover. For more info do a search on "VRT strut tower brace for G35" severall posts should pop up. Hahahaha, I was under the impression that my STB was old news......glad to see it rejuvinate itself Hahahaha. I make these now and have been making them for almost two years.
The new GTspec bar also has rubbing issues
Originally Posted by g35man04
mine barely rubs the bottom liner on the hood.
https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...g35-fx35s.html
The Circuit Sports bar also has fitment issues. The stillen bar hasn't had any reports of issues because almost no one has it. It is the most recently released bar, and has the weakest design. So 6/6 reviewed bars have fitment issues with some members out of the 7 available bars for the g35. That is quite a few issues across the board isn't it?