best BBK bang for buck?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
thanks man, the front bumper is from the extreme dimensions GT competition kit, the sides and rear are from the stillen kit.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:36 PM
i have different wheels now though. running some te-37s. i still have the SSRs. you know anyone with a sedan looking for wheels?

Old 01-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FenixL1P
so where can i find the Megan Racing brake kits for g35 sedan. Thought I take a look anyway despite i've already ordered Centric oem replacements.

According to Megan Racing, every big brake kit sold in the states except their own shop drift Z have been bought/ sold directly through Relentless Autosports so I'd try them. That being said, I would assume that g35sedan03 and everyone else on here with them got their brakes from RA.
Now that Relentless has their own version from the same manufacturer as the Megan Racing ones but with upgraded brake lines, a variety of pads, and a huge variety of colors to choose from. (Megan racing ones only come in blue) I'd get the RA version. The RA brake kit is only a couple hundred dollars more than the Megans as well.

Not too impressed in the OEM Infiniti G37's brake conversions being done from a performance standpoint, sure they look a lot better than the stock brakes and the rotor sizes are bigger, but the pad to rotor contact surface area and brake pad sizes with the 4 pot front and only 2 pot rear is the important part .......... and its not realy too much better on performance than the OEM Brembos IMO.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
Originally Posted by G35sedan03
i have different wheels now though. running some te-37s. i still have the SSRs. you know anyone with a sedan looking for wheels?
how much for the SSR's???

Old 01-29-2009, 11:07 PM
I sent you a pm

Old 01-29-2009, 11:09 PM
I got the kit when scott was doing a group buy for them back in Dec 07. Got a great price on them. i thought scott severed relations with megan and no longer deals with them?

Old 01-30-2009, 02:01 AM
I got the kit when scott was doing a group buy for them back in Dec 07. Got a great price on them. i thought scott severed relations with megan and no longer deals with them?

Not too sure if that is the case or not. Maybe that is why he is dealing directly with Megans brake manufacturer directly instead of them I don't know what the deal is it is just speculation on my part.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:21 PM
i'm just saying from talking to scott back then, the group buy did not go very smooth and he was unpleased with the way megan was conducting business. he told me that after the group buy was over he was not going to deal with them anymore. i did not know that he had his own brake kit developed. The thing about the megan kit is that you have no history or tech data to fall on. only the few members on the forum that have it. me, canadian and a couple of the my350z guys jumped on that GB too. also, as far as i know, there are no other pads to use other than the ones provided by megan. don't think there are any exchangeable pads to my knowledge. if there are, please let me know.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:27 AM
I got my G37 brakes installed!! love they way they look and stop! I will be posting a full thread once I get a chance. Tomorrow sometime

Old 02-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
don't forget to post some pics too...

Old 02-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Omeezy
I got my G37 brakes installed!! love they way they look and stop! I will be posting a full thread once I get a chance. Tomorrow sometime
What adapter bracket did you use?

Old 02-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
i'm just saying from talking to scott back then, the group buy did not go very smooth and he was unpleased with the way megan was conducting business. he told me that after the group buy was over he was not going to deal with them anymore. i did not know that he had his own brake kit developed. The thing about the megan kit is that you have no history or tech data to fall on. only the few members on the forum that have it. me, canadian and a couple of the my350z guys jumped on that GB too. also, as far as i know, there are no other pads to use other than the ones provided by megan. don't think there are any exchangeable pads to my knowledge. if there are, please let me know.
He is still dealing with Megan, but I'd buy his brakes and not go through Megan.

I didn't buy the brakes through the GB, I bought them just through him about 6 months prior to the GB.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Best bang for the $ IMO is the G37 kit. I would wait to install until the new 2-pc rotors come out for it.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
What adapter bracket did you use?
I bought these brakes second hand off a guy who bought the kit when it first came out around June and just never installed it.
Back then the only brackets that were a available were the $600.00 rip offs that were coming directly out of Japan. So those are the brackets I have.

Luckily the seller did not pass on the cost he paid for the brackets to me so I kinda dodged that bullet.

In regards to the performance of these brakes I will speak all abou them in my thread. I just gotta wait till I get home so I can post the pics otherwise you guys will kill me. LOL

Old 02-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Omeezy
I bought these brakes second hand off a guy who bought the kit when it first came out around June and just never installed it.
Back then the only brackets that were a available were the $600.00 rip offs that were coming directly out of Japan. So those are the brackets I have.

Luckily the seller did not pass on the cost he paid for the brackets to me so I kinda dodged that bullet.

In regards to the performance of these brakes I will speak all abou them in my thread. I just gotta wait till I get home so I can post the pics otherwise you guys will kill me. LOL
I'm not sure why they want pics (we've all seen them)... I'm VERY curious about performance - particularly hard spirited ability. Do you track the car?

I look forward to your review.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: best BBK bang for buck?