HKS LS+ Hipermax Coilovers dampening settings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HKS LS+ Hipermax Coilovers dampening settings

Hey guys. I've had my LS+ Hipermax's on for over a year and a half now and absolutely love them.

My wife is 5 months pregnant with our second child, and has been complaining that the ride is now becoming a bit too harsh for her, so I've decided to adjust the dampening settings.

For those of you who dont know, the dampening settings are 30-way adjustable. Right now they are all set half way, so i'm thinkin of just dialling them all down to the softest setting. Just want her to be as comfortable as possible.

Problem is, the dials aren't numbered so i'm not sure which direction dials it up towards 30, and which direction dials it down towards 1. The instructions I got with them are all in Japanese.

So my questions are, do you turn the dials clockwise, or anti-clockwise to make them softer? and are there any potential issues or risks from setting them all to the softest setting? Thanks in advance guys.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Softest setting is 30 clicks back (counter-clockwise) from the stiffest setting. The manual notes that some models may turn more than 30 clicks but that you should not exceed 30 clicks from stiffest setting. Stiffest setting can be found by rotating the **** clockwise until is stops (do not force the **** to turn).

Old 03-04-2009, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by k67p67
Softest setting is 30 clicks back (counter-clockwise) from the stiffest setting. The manual notes that some models may turn more than 30 clicks but that you should not exceed 30 clicks from stiffest setting. Stiffest setting can be found by rotating the **** clockwise until is stops (do not force the **** to turn).
Thanks A LOT bro!. I made the adjustments this morning and took the wife for a drive. No more complaints

and luckily the dials on the LS+ will stop when they reach the highest and lowest settings, so there is no risk of exceeding the 30 clicks.