Official Coilover quick review thread

Old 08-12-2013, 01:50 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I have Tanabe coils but your confused. The TEAS only changes dampening settings not ride height. You'd need bags or a cup kit to change the height from inside the car.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ibelonginprison
Coilover: Greddy Type S
Style: OEM
Spring Rate: Front – 10k; Rear – 8k
Drop potential: Front will lay a nismo bumper on the ground. Rear: spun down will set the fender right past where the tread is on a set of 285/30/19. Remove the adjustment collars from the sleeve and you can tuck 2/3 of the way down a 285/30/19
Adjustability: spring height just take the wheels off and use the tool to loosen the collars and spin them to where you want them. Strut stiffness front: easy, it’s at the top of the strut (be wary of some strut bars not clearing the adjustment ****) and rear you have to take the strut out if you want to change it, or cut a 6.5mm access hole to run the extended adjustment **** into the trunk.
Stiffness: compared to OEM of course it’s a rougher ride. You tend to feel the road a lot more, but it’s not “bouncy” or “rough” at all. Larger bumps are a pain, but that’s the case with any modified suspension . Considering it comes with 32 point adjustable stiffness with the struts, and because you can also adjust where the strut sits (meaning you can dump it damn near to the floor and still have fantastic strut travel) it actually rides better than most coilovers I’ve experienced while still being able to let the car handle like a champ, and I live in an area that has HORRIBLE roads. So for me to be able to slam it in the dirt and drive it daily without back problems says a lot. It’s also a FUN set up to take on curvy roads, autox etc., I hit the Tail of the Dragon twice a year and have no trouble or complaints at all.
Harshness: It follows the road... if the road is smooth, you’ll never notice anything other than how tight it makes the car feel. If the road is rough or bumpy, it certainly changes the comfort, but it’s not bouncy and won’t throw you everywhere. If anything it helps you control the car more by taking the kit and recovering quickly. The coilovers actually handle adverse conditions well, so “harsh” is not a word I would associate with this setup. Large bumps themselves are going to be rough, but again... that’s for all coilovers.
Price point: used: $1000ish?; new: $1500

On the Dragon, struts 22/32 stiff front, struts 18/32 stiff rear, hotchkis sways, 3/4 stiff front, middle stiff rear. This was cornering HARD.

Back is laid out, front can twist down a lot more.
Excuse the "tucked" look, it was fairly flush till I dumped it more for Z DayZ. *shrug*

Are those yellow bulbs in your fogs or is a HID kit looking to do the same but can't seem to find the bulbs. Thanks in advance.. By the way I love how she looks.... The G that is.

Old 09-14-2013, 12:09 AM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Check the vendor section, bulbs and hid kits are there..

Old 06-10-2014, 10:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any suggestions on a good set of coilovers that have a 'stock like' ride to them? Thanks in advance!

Old 10-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Has anyone had Raceland Coilovers? I see that they are some of the cheapest out there but I'm just wondering if they are the cheapest for a reason. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by YabuNH
Has anyone had Raceland Coilovers? I see that they are some of the cheapest out there but I'm just wondering if they are the cheapest for a reason. Thanks in advance.
theyre cheap cuz they're garbage

The following 2 users liked this post by Lartytiejdke3:
Blue Dream (10-05-2014), thegreatkwijibo (10-01-2014)
Old 11-10-2014, 11:05 PM
Going through this thread has been incredibly informative. It seems as if the Tanabe 5 Pro's are winning the race here. Has anyone have information on the TEIN Comfort Sports yet?

Back to the Tanabe's..... Is there a difference between these two? Tanabe TSE5063 Sustec Pro Five and the TSC063 Sustec Pro S-OC?

Ebay shows a $700 difference between the two so I'm assuming these are not the same coilovers, but I wanna be sure.