Questions about Air Ride suspension ask here

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:48 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
it will be fine to ground the valves all to one spot. depending on what the valves are mounted, if its mounted to metal. you can actually ground the valve to istself. and the tank does not count as mounting the valve to metal

Old 03-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
nice, i'm installing subwoofers in my car today, do you think that the bass will cause my push to connect hoses to get loose faster?

Old 03-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by YT35
this is not for bags question, had it, dont like it, but you seem to know about cup kits too, so how much higher would a cup kit set you at when it is at lowest slam, cause it wouldn't make sense to get cups if you'll end up higher at full slam if your coils can't even go that low to compensate for the height of the cup kits
About 3.5 - 5.5". It does make sense to get it because it allows you raise the vehicle. If you're not raising it, you're riding on coilovers 100% and for those that want to retain the suspension in the same way constantly, will stick to coilovers.

Bags are never going to be the same as coilovers because air constantly fluctuates. Take a turn hard and it will be easier for PSI to change than it is for a spring to compress, especially if the spring has a stiff rate.

Here's a great post on the PVIP cup kit:
http://www.vipstylecars.com/forums/s...2&postcount=46

Old 03-10-2011, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by The Stimulation
About 3.5 - 5.5". It does make sense to get it because it allows you raise the vehicle. If you're not raising it, you're riding on coilovers 100% and for those that want to retain the suspension in the same way constantly, will stick to coilovers.

Bags are never going to be the same as coilovers because air constantly fluctuates. Take a turn hard and it will be easier for PSI to change than it is for a spring to compress, especially if the spring has a stiff rate.

Here's a great post on the PVIP cup kit:
http://www.vipstylecars.com/forums/s...2&postcount=46
i disagree. the reason that the psi in the bags fluctuate when you take a turn is because mose people take the easy way out and put all the valves in the trunk. which is kinda silly if you ask me. if you do it that way and lets say your gauge reads 50psi in each bag. well realistically its 50psi in each bag AND that same 50 psi is also whats in the airline thats running from the valve thats way back in the trunk all the way to the front of the car where the bag is. if you put the valve as close as possible to the bag. you will have VERY VERY minimal psi fluctuation.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by Choleaoum
nice, i'm installing subwoofers in my car today, do you think that the bass will cause my push to connect hoses to get loose faster?
no they will be fine

Old 03-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm subscribing to this thread. Should be a sticky!

Kenny answered most of my question via PM, he's probably sick of me bugging him

Any DIY installs of an air ride kit?

Old 03-11-2011, 04:16 AM
If someone wants to buy me a full setup ill make a whole video of me installing it. Haha

Old 03-12-2011, 12:35 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kennymo
i disagree. the reason that the psi in the bags fluctuate when you take a turn is because mose people take the easy way out and put all the valves in the trunk. which is kinda silly if you ask me. if you do it that way and lets say your gauge reads 50psi in each bag. well realistically its 50psi in each bag AND that same 50 psi is also whats in the airline thats running from the valve thats way back in the trunk all the way to the front of the car where the bag is. if you put the valve as close as possible to the bag. you will have VERY VERY minimal psi fluctuation.
wow, makes sense lol. well too late for that now isn't it? lmfao. i'm not down to retuck everything again lmao.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:27 PM
bomp

Old 03-15-2011, 02:20 AM
Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts
subscribed, awesome thread...as I get closer to piecing together a kit, I'll have more questions.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:25 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
is it necessary to run an 8 valve setup or are 4 valves ok to run? and why or why not?

Old 03-17-2011, 06:01 AM
8 valve setup will give you control of individual corners. not really necessary but it is kinda nice to have. but i know tons of people that only run 4 valve setups and are just fine with it.

4 valve setup will only give you control of both fronts at same time and rear fronts at same time. or whole car at same time. wont be able to do individual coners. absolutely nothing wrong with only running 4 valves. and if you do run only 4 valves not only do you save money on valves (not having to buy another 4) but also save money on fittings (dont have to buy as many) and at any point you can upgrade to a 8 valve setup pretty easily if you want to

Old 03-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
I wouldn't do a 4 valve setup. While I was a deal for UAS a while back, Zack went into quite a bit of detail as to why it's best to spend the extra on the extra 4 valves. You'll have way too much sway from suspension travel basically because of what Kenny mentioned, each corner not being managed individually.

The following users liked this post:
CharlesHubular (05-19-2012)
Old 03-17-2011, 11:45 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/fbs-inf-04-kit3.htm

Any thoughts about this kit?

Last edited by money042; 03-18-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:14 AM
Originally Posted by The Stimulation
I wouldn't do a 4 valve setup. While I was a deal for UAS a while back, Zack went into quite a bit of detail as to why it's best to spend the extra on the extra 4 valves. You'll have way too much sway from suspension travel basically because of what Kenny mentioned, each corner not being managed individually.

this is true. and the only way that you are going to really be able to eliminate ALMOST but NOT all of that sway is by running some adjustable sway bars at full stiff

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Quick Reply: Questions about Air Ride suspension ask here