bc br or kw v1

Old 05-04-2014, 03:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bc br or kw v1

Alright here is my delema, I can not decide between the kw v1s or the bc br coil overs..... Don't tell me to search it I have..... The real issue is I want to got low like rim to fender but I want to have the performance for the track. I'm lost on options here... What should I do?

Old 05-04-2014, 11:30 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
If you want performance and quality go with KW

Old 05-05-2014, 12:35 AM
Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Darin Soligny
Alright here is my delema, I can not decide between the kw v1s or the bc br coil overs..... Don't tell me to search it I have..... The real issue is I want to got low like rim to fender but I want to have the performance for the track. I'm lost on options here... What should I do?
you cannot go that low "rim to fender" and have performance for the track. Lowering is really complicated, once you go more than like 1-2" lower than stock you start running into a lot of issues with suspension geometry and spring rate and damping gets annoying

Performance wise, those 2 aren't even close, kw >>>>>>> bc in terms of performance. But nothing will work well if you drop your car super low.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:44 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
...I want to got low like rim to fender but I want to have the performance for the track.
Its one or the other.....

Old 05-05-2014, 06:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ah alright well! guess im goin for kw's for 1450! cars gunna be performance!

Old 05-05-2014, 07:53 AM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
KW V1's will not go half as low as BC's and you will not have adjustable dampening as you do on the BC's...you'd get a slightly better ride quality on the KW's for daily driving. Not worth the coin unless you're tracking it

Old 05-05-2014, 09:54 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
^ THIS!

The KWs won't let you go low. They are a performance driven product. As others have stated, anything over 1.5" drop and you're asking for headaches IF you are truly wanting to gain performance from your setup. I would go BC for your application unless you are really set on tracking your car. In which case I would strongly advise spending a little more and at least getting the V2s. You WILL want adjustability.

The following users liked this post:
thegreatkwijibo (05-05-2014)
Old 05-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDizzle
In which case I would strongly advise spending a little more and at least getting the V2s. You WILL want adjustability.
+1 on this.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JaE35
KW V1's will not go half as low as BC's and you will not have adjustable dampening as you do on the BC's...you'd get a slightly better ride quality on the KW's for daily driving. Not worth the coin unless you're tracking it
+1 on this, if you're looking for the best of both worlds I would go with BC. You can slam them pretty well for form, then raise them up and you still have the 30ish way dampening for function. But if you are leaning more towards track performance and have the extra coin, KWs.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:12 AM
Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDizzle
^ THIS!

The KWs won't let you go low. They are a performance driven product. As others have stated, anything over 1.5" drop and you're asking for headaches IF you are truly wanting to gain performance from your setup. I would go BC for your application unless you are really set on tracking your car. In which case I would strongly advise spending a little more and at least getting the V2s. You WILL want adjustability.
Originally Posted by aogram
+1 on this, if you're looking for the best of both worlds I would go with BC. You can slam them pretty well for form, then raise them up and you still have the 30ish way dampening for function. But if you are leaning more towards track performance and have the extra coin, KWs.
adjustable damping is somewhat overrated. Shock curves are more complicated than "stiffer" and "softer"

It is okay for driving on the street since comfort is somewhat subjective. But unless you are a very experienced racer and have thousands of track hours under your belt, then you shouldn't have the assumption that you will be able to adjust your suspension for performance in any meaningful way. Would you even know what you are looking for?

The following 2 users liked this post by totopo:
Invalid_User (05-06-2014), thegreatkwijibo (05-06-2014)
Old 05-06-2014, 09:58 AM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
Let's not over do this conversation..it's fair to assume OP isn't a suspension guru. BC's have been getting it done for years on these boards. I've been through a set and they're more than enough for any street car. OP can save the coin he'd spend going the entry level kw's and buy needed camber kits. If you're going to go KW go V2 at the least or not at all.

The following users liked this post:
Lartytiejdke3 (05-06-2014)
Old 05-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JaE35
Let's not over do this conversation..it's fair to assume OP isn't a suspension guru. BC's have been getting it done for years on these boards. I've been through a set and they're more than enough for any street car. OP can save the coin he'd spend going the entry level kw's and buy needed camber kits. If you're going to go KW go V2 at the least or not at all.
Agreed, well put. +1

Old 05-06-2014, 10:23 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Alright here is my dilemma, I can not decide between the kw v1s or the bc br coil overs..... Don't tell me to search it I have..... The real issue is I want to got low like rim to fender but I want to have the performance for the track. I'm lost on options here... What should I do?
Performance driving isn't done with a rim/fender setting, that's for garage queens. You claim to have already searched, SEARCH lowering and find out what it costs to lower your G without destroying tires and suspension components! BC coilovers would be my choice...Gary

Old 05-06-2014, 12:16 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
Like I said performance and quality KW. Want O hella slammed oh look 30 level of adjustable dampening this must be the better coil go with BC.

What is BC made?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.