Seized up brakes on g35x

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seized up brakes on g35x

I'm hoping someone can identify the problem. I did a lot of research on this and I cant find solutions. My wife's drives this car with my newborn son and it needs to be fixed ASAP. G35x 06 80,000 miles, auto.
So I got in to the car the other day when it was snowing and after I skid across the ice with ABS on and noticed that my brake pedal got a little stiff after but i drove this way to the bank about 1 mile. When I got back in to the car and put my car in reverse, I noticed hard brake pedal, like its under pressure and the car will not move when it was placed in gear. basically I had to drive this way back home. At home I noticed that my RL and FR rims were super hot, brakes got locked up to the point were it was creating friction. Half hour later I test drove the car again and it was ok for a moment, then I stopped few times on icy road and same problem came up. I jacked up the car and did the complete brake fluid flash and checked all the calipers with pads, they seemed fine. When we were bleeding rear brakes, at first the brake pedal would drop about half way through the process and get stuck, we did that few times and later pedal dropped all the way and started bleeding normally. we repeated the process and it was fine then. Seems like blockage was created?. I also changed rear pads while we were bleeding the brakes and I noticed that I couldnt push rear left caliper piston in with the clap to install new pads, I had to let out a little bit of the fluid in order to push it back in. We completed all of this and it seemed fine at the moment and a test drive was normal. Next day I got in to the car and same thing happened, brakes seized up up on braking I know its not the booster, I separated from the master cylinder, tested it and it was working fine. It could be ABS pump creating pressure and a blockage somewhere or even master cylinder or who knows? Plz if anyone can help out I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also, check valve was working fine one way.