Trouble Adjusting rear coils

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 01:14 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Trouble Adjusting rear coils

After an hour and a half of messing with my rear coils to get them to be less bouncy/stiff, I'm still left with a harsh ride.
I've followed every step to correctly adjust rear ride height, first I adjusted spring height, next I bolted in the spring cup, then with a jack I set pre-load to zero so its nice and snug, then I add a pre-load of about 10mm, lastly I adjust the shock to match the hole.
But the problem was that when I chose the ride height of the springs that I wanted, my shock ran out of room to go higher up.
The bottom fork was filled up and I wasn't able to go any higher, So then I adjusted the spring to be taller so maybe I could fit it and tried again.
Once I lowered the jack, I wiggled the spring and once again, It was loose.
Ive tried everything to make sure the springs are nice and snug while keeping the car low.

Last edited by Kicknshift; 01-11-2015 at 01:21 AM.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kicknshift
After an hour and a half of messing with my rear coils to get them to be less bouncy/stiff, I'm still left with a harsh ride.
I've followed every step to correctly adjust rear ride height, first I adjusted spring height, next I bolted in the spring cup, then with a jack I set pre-load to zero so its nice and snug, then I add a pre-load of about 10mm, lastly I adjust the shock to match the hole.
But the problem was that when I chose the ride height of the springs that I wanted, my shock ran out of room to go higher up.
The bottom fork was filled up and I wasn't able to go any higher, So then I adjusted the spring to be taller so maybe I could fit it and tried again.
Once I lowered the jack, I wiggled the spring and once again, It was loose.
Ive tried everything to make sure the springs are nice and snug while keeping the car low.
Try and figure out a spacer for the bottom of. The spring