G35x lower ball joints

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 03:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by xaesx
Just to be clear. Infinitigeex, are you saying that a rwd balljoint such as

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Premium-Fr...66ef73&vxp=mtr

will fit on the x, with little or no modification? I am in need of two, and in canada the dealer is selling the knuckle with balljoint for $500 a pop. 50 for a set would be awfulll nice.
No, according to the seller.

I purchased from here -- though it looks like the seller is using a different supplier now.

I bought mine from http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Premier-...item43d0a34b25

I received MTC ball joints. I asked them after I received them from the seller and they said it wouldn't fit the AWD models. The seller was adamant that it would fit AWD models before and after purchasing.

Originally Posted by xaesx
Hey guys. I read the thread but am not sure if you came to a conclusion. I got an 04x and i need front lower ball joints. Can someone please confirm that the 2wd Mevotech bj's will fit on an awd. Or any brand for that matter. I REALLYY don't wanna fork out 500 a pop at the dealer.
The MTC branded ones fit mine and so far I haven't encountered any issues. I'm not sure about the Mevotech ones, but I think it should be fine.

Originally Posted by E_TRANE
What was the manufacturer P/N of the ball joints that you were able to install without issue?

I have an '08 G35x

The following 2 users liked this post by InfinitiGeeX:
E_TRANE (04-01-2015), Rodney Bryant (05-26-2016)
Old 03-31-2015, 06:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks! I'm going to order up a set. I'll post the results when i have em!

The following users liked this post:
NH-G35X-04 (04-05-2015)
Old 04-02-2015, 07:46 PM
First post in the forums here but following this I'm also in the same boat as I need both. My x has 180 k on it. Mechanic says it needs a two full spindle jobs. Also claims it needs upper control arms and front passenger side rear control arm. I went out and researched and bought the parts specifically for my 04 x and the mechanic claims none of them fit??? My buddy is a mechanic for Porsche and has a lot of experience in imports so I'm going to have him look at it. In the interim, here I go into the forums for information on that stuff.

Rodney Bryant (06-22-2016)
Old 04-05-2015, 07:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not for AWD

Originally Posted by munkle
OK guys. Somebody double-check my work here, preferably with pictures which I neglected to take the other day while I had front suspension torn apart. Is this TRULY the correct ball joint, and, if so, is this the one referenced over here in this other g35driver thread which required additional washers to clamp down properly?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Ball-Joints-...G35%20X%203.5L

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...-joints-2.html

I may be mistaken .. but ... I don't think so .. First of all, they look too small comparing the castle nut to the base .. secondly I believe that in the description below it says "Important notes: Except All Wheel Drive X models" Please please everyone keep looking!

Last edited by NH-G35X-04; 04-05-2015 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:32 PM
anyone know of a shop in Socal area that is willing to replace only the lower ball joints, not the whole spindle?

Old 07-30-2015, 09:46 AM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
Mevotech makes **** products. I installed the Megan racing roll center adjusting ones a few years ago on my x. The MR ones will fit as well as any others made for RWD but I would not get mevotech.

Old 08-10-2015, 03:12 PM
Going to find out if these work

Purchased two "premium" ball joints on eBay BJ61035. Seller says they will fit all models and I asked specifically for my 04x AWD. Also picked up a brand new OEM spindle from Infiniti because I don't want to get this thing apart and find out these ball joints won't work. If this ebay purchase works I'll just return the spindle to Infiniti and pay the restocking fee. If they don't well then I'm out 75.00 for the ebay purchase but it's worth a shot.

My buddy who's a mechanic with Porsche will do the work in the next week or so and I'll keep you posted how it goes.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:30 PM
MAS BJ61035 Ball Joint a go for AWD??

Hey Guys,

Went to do Front wheel bearing this weekend but ended up having an issue getting the lower Ball Joint unbolted. The cotter pin wouldn't budge - Tried to break it off then spin the nut up - In the end, I tried to just cut the nut off but ended up destroying the bolt to get the sucker off - I tried the Autozone balljoint, only to find it is not the right part.

Has this MAS BJ61035 been proven to work for the AWD g35's??

Thanks in advance

Jim

Last edited by jhay; 11-15-2015 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:26 PM
Here is the bottom line....they pretty much all fit. The above ball joint that I posted the pic of fits and I ended up finding Mevotech ball joints for RWD model....it also fits. Bought a OEM knuckle to compare before we installed. Both were the exact same length. However the bushing that came with the part I showed above did not fit.fortunately the bushings on mine were still in good shape regardless. The mevotechs did not come with the bushing. It all worked out for a grand total of 450.00 for labor and parts . Two weeks in and no noise

Old 11-21-2015, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Vybe
Here is the bottom line....they pretty much all fit. The above ball joint that I posted the pic of fits and I ended up finding Mevotech ball joints for RWD model....it also fits. Bought a OEM knuckle to compare before we installed. Both were the exact same length. However the bushing that came with the part I showed above did not fit.fortunately the bushings on mine were still in good shape regardless. The mevotechs did not come with the bushing. It all worked out for a grand total of 450.00 for labor and parts . Two weeks in and no noise
Thanks Vybe - Was able to buy new bushing by itself thru infiniti. Slapped that on the new ball joint, torqued it to spec. Have the car back on the road now...

Old 11-21-2015, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by jhay
Thanks Vybe - Was able to buy new bushing by itself thru infiniti. Slapped that on the new ball joint, torqued it to spec. Have the car back on the road now...
Great news , please post what ball joint you ended up using and keep us posted on how it goes. BTW....you don't happen to have the part number for the bushing?

Old 11-21-2015, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Vybe
Great news , please post what ball joint you ended up using and keep us posted on how it goes. BTW....you don't happen to have the part number for the bushing?
Ball Joint was Duralast BJL148 - wasn't cheap - was hit for 50.00. The bushing from Infiniti is 40173-AC500. This runs about 20 bucks.

In comparison from the original ball joint, the Duralast version had a slightly smaller screw thread, but the taper matched at the bottom. With that, the bushing should fall into place once it's all torqued down.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:19 PM
How well is that bjl148 holding up. I need to do the pass side on my 04x and already bought the same parts. Just want make sure it's worth it with how Infiniti price gouges

Old 05-25-2016, 09:01 PM
BallJoint Update

So far so good - Have put on about 11K miles since - No Clunks - Tire wear normal - Steers straight ahead as expected.

Rodney Bryant (06-22-2016)
Old 01-23-2017, 08:34 PM
Lower ball joints for 04 G35x

I'm in need of ball joints for my 04x and I'm very happy I found this thread. I recently bought the BJL148 from Autozone and I also bought the MAS 61035 off of ebay. I want both just in case something goes wrong where they don't fit or something. For those who installed these types of ball joints, did everything fit ok and how did they hold up??? I'm gonna try and get them fixed this weekend.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35x lower ball joints