Rear corner sitting lower than other corners of car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear corner sitting lower than other corners of car

Hi everyone, I have a 2007 G35 coupe with 100k miles that has a bit of a suspension issue. The rear passenger corner of the car is sitting about 3/4's of an inch lower than the rear driver side. The car has been completely factory stock, so I figured I'd swap out the rear struts in case they were the culprit but there was no change in the ride height.

I did lots of searching on the forum and unfortunately most of the information I found regarding uneven ride height was related to lowering springs, not stock suspensions. Some of the posts suggested swapping the springs side to side - I did try that but the ride height has remained unchanged.

I've taken a look at the various rear suspension bits but it doesn't look like anything is bent or out of place. Are there specific bushings or arms that I should more closely inspect for damage? I would think that something damaged enough to cause a 3/4 inch drop would be obvious, but I haven't been able to pinpoint the cause so far. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Old 02-05-2015, 10:24 PM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by JoolR
Hi everyone, I have a 2007 G35 coupe with 100k miles that has a bit of a suspension issue. The rear passenger corner of the car is sitting about 3/4's of an inch lower than the rear driver side. The car has been completely factory stock, so I figured I'd swap out the rear struts in case they were the culprit but there was no change in the ride height.

I did lots of searching on the forum and unfortunately most of the information I found regarding uneven ride height was related to lowering springs, not stock suspensions. Some of the posts suggested swapping the springs side to side - I did try that but the ride height has remained unchanged.

I've taken a look at the various rear suspension bits but it doesn't look like anything is bent or out of place. Are there specific bushings or arms that I should more closely inspect for damage? I would think that something damaged enough to cause a 3/4 inch drop would be obvious, but I haven't been able to pinpoint the cause so far. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Mine is like this as well but only for the front right corner but I am on springs. I contribute mine to torn bushings but i wont know for sure until I finish swapping them. In for info though!