Is this a BC coilover issue, or a Coiloiver issue in general?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 09:34 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Is this a BC coilover issue, or a Coiloiver issue in general?

I have BC Coil-overs installed on my 03 G35 coupe. My problem was discovered when my boy attempted an alignment on my car. The rear went well. The front, was another story. We lifted the front of the car to let the wheel hang and get in under the lower fender to adjust my Megan front camber arms. What did we realize? You can't get your hand over the Camber arm to play with bolts. If the bolts were on the bottom side of the camber arms, then maybe we can. But, that's not the case. My BC's wont let the wheels hang down low enough to bring the camber arm down a bit more to be adjusted!!

I believe this is from the design of the BC's b/c they are adjusted in height by shock-body which holds wheel up, no matter what the stiffness.

Anyone has/had this issue? I can't align my front wheels!!

Old 05-18-2015, 04:16 PM
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Not entirely sure what you are saying, but have you tried taking the two bolts that hold the UCA in place and swinging it out to adjust the camber?

Old 05-18-2015, 04:49 PM
Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts
The "stiffness" has nothing to do with how the wheel is "held up". If the shock body is turned all the way down (i.e. you're slammed), the wheel will only move so far because the shock body is only extended so far. It's how coilovers work...well suspension in general. Once the load is lifted from the suspension (i.e. a car is put on a lift and lifted off the ground), the wheels will only free fall as much as the strut is set to allow. The lower your car, the less hanging it will do.

Old 05-20-2015, 12:40 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Bchalks; Those two bolts are what hold the UCA in place. I need the UCA in place when I adjust the camber so that I can read the measurements on the Alignment screen.
Driftsucky; So if I raise my car, then I might be able to get access to the adjustment bolts?? If so, thats annoying, b/c after I adjust the camber and drop the car, the camber will probably change.