What do I need to drop my G?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do I need to drop my G?

I am asking for advice/suggestions on what I would need to drop my car. It's an 07 g35 coupe completely stock at the moment, I want to drop it about 1-1.5 inches. I've heard from some people I'd need a camber / toe kit, not just springs or coil overs, I'd really like to know if anyone has any info about this or can direct me to the right parts to do this the right way. If there's a sticky for this topic to answer my question directing me to that link would be helpful as well. Thanks.

Old 09-29-2015, 02:50 PM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...w-updates.html
With any drop brings changes to other components. Adding camber arms and toe bolts keep your specs in stock range or around there depending what you go for. Also, get an alignment afterwards.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by VenomGT9
https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...w-updates.html
With any drop brings changes to other components. Adding camber arms and toe bolts keep your specs in stock range or around there depending what you go for. Also, get an alignment afterwards.
Thanks so much! I'm definitely going to keep looking for the correct parts since like I said I want to do this the right way.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:24 AM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
If you're going with springs, I'd say either Tein or Eibachs. Keep in mind, shocks will wear quicker on lower spings.
SPC for camber/toe components.

Old 10-01-2015, 05:26 PM
Yeah I was thinking of going with Tein springs but I'm still looking & I'm a little stuck after reading another sticky about camber kits if whether I should get the front camber arms as well... But a couple of people said its better to get both front & rear. Thanks for replying and being helpful I really appreciate it.

Old 10-12-2015, 10:00 AM
Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts
You don't NEED camber arms or toe bolts with the amount you're planning to drop it. While I wouldn't necessarily call it a waste of money, I would say it is borderline. The Tien S-techs provide the least amount of noticeable drop, while the Eibach Sportlines for the 350Z provide the most noticeable drop that springs can provide. Once you get any lower than that is when you start needing alignment adjustment kits.

That said, you can't over purchase, if that makes sense. You getting those springs and getting adjustable front and rear camber arms and toe bolts won't hurt anything. They just won't get put to any real use other than looking really neat.

Once you get the springs in, align it and drive it. It's that easy.