Slip abs and vdc and speedo not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slip abs and vdc and speedo not working

so I was driving home and all of a sudden all the lights come up and my speedo drops to 0mph when I knew I was doing atleast 60. Looked up some things, dealer said it was brakefluid, someone else said it was my wheel speed sensor. Also if it is the wheel speed sensor and someone has changed itnon here could you please let me know on the DIY. thanks any response is greatly appreciated

Old 11-11-2015, 11:46 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It for sure sounds like your ABS/Speed sensors. I have been trying to get a DIY on how to clean them as most of the time, they just are from all the road grime and brake dust.

Easiest way is to remove the wheel and follow the sensor cable that runs from the engine bay to the wheel well. You will find a 17 (or so) mm bolt holding the cable in place. Pull the sensor out and clean it (I use a dry rag and a little bit of brake cleaner. I then proceed to clean the area of the rotor that the sensor uses to monitor the speed (it's a hole about the diameter of your index finger). You may wrapped your finger with the rag and put the rag up against the rotor (inside the hole). Proceed to spin the rotor while holding the rag against it, the dirt/grime should come off onto the rag. Ensure to spin the rotor multiple times until you have no grime coming off onto the rag. Once satisfied, replace the sensor back in its place and mount the wheel back on. Ensure to do this to both sides.

Steps above is what you need to get the fronts cleaned. If you have common sense, ensure to use jack stands and properly block the car so it does not land on you while working on it.

Do not hold me responsible for your negligence.... common sense goes a long way.

I'll try to get pictures and get a DIY up on this later in the week.