HELP! 06 6mt coupe SPC rear camber issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! 06 6mt coupe SPC rear camber issues

I have a 2006 6mt coupe with RAS. I ordered SPC 72260 rear camber arms + toe bolt kit. which is what I'm told would fit. However, the bushing on the SPC rear camber arms are too wide to fit on the car.

Also the toe bolt area looks different than what I've seen on 2003-2005. doesn't look like I can widen it but I could be wrong.

Please help me shed some light!!

Left (SPC), Right (OEM)

Left (OEM), Right (SPC)

Toe bolt on my car

Toe on 2003 g35

Last edited by kethnguy; 12-05-2015 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:32 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Gotta elongate the holes for the toe bolts and did you try and install the arms to see if they fit??

Old 12-05-2015, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Frankieg35
Gotta elongate the holes for the toe bolts and did you try and install the arms to see if they fit??
Alright the toe bolt link just looks different so it worried me. I did try installing the arms, I had the stock camber arms already removed from the car and ready to install the SPC ones when I realized the bushing wouldn't fit into the camber frame bracket on the car

Last edited by kethnguy; 12-05-2015 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:54 PM
no one else ran into this issue?

Old 12-06-2015, 11:30 AM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by kethnguy
no one else ran into this issue?
This guy did: https://g35driver.com/forums/steerin...mber-arms.html

I have them now, sitting in a box while I wait to collect other suspension components.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by DeafBringer
This guy did: https://g35driver.com/forums/steerin...mber-arms.html

I have them now, sitting in a box while I wait to collect other suspension components.
Thanks! this actually helped a lot when I called SPC.

Just to update if anyone else stumbles across this thread, apparently Infiniti did not have a strict standard when it came to manufacturing the G35. The frame bracket that attaches to the rear camber arm was sometimes taken from Nissan vehicles instead of the actual G35 RAS frame bracket perhaps in an effort to reduce costs.

SPC is aware of this and after speaking to Mark. Trying to get to the bottom of this now to see exactly which camber and toe kit will fit

Last edited by kethnguy; 12-07-2015 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
also when u do the bolt shaving u only have to elongate towards middle of car. but if ur drop is not super low u may not even need to do it. i dont think i will when i order my kit. currently the toe is able to be set to spec with the oem bolts

Old 06-07-2016, 10:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anyone got any new information on this topic?

I've got a torn apart rear suspension with old non RAS arms that fit, but couldn't align, and new RAS arms that won't fit at all.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by G3531
Has anyone got any new information on this topic?

I've got a torn apart rear suspension with old non RAS arms that fit, but couldn't align, and new RAS arms that won't fit at all.
Yes you need SPC part number 72290 which have the bushings that are thinner than the 72260 and fit into RAS mounting points

Old 06-08-2016, 08:57 PM
Yes you need SPC part number 72290 which have the bushings that are thinner than the 72260 and fit into RAS mounting points
Kethnguy - So is the SPC 72290 the correct arms for all the g35's with RAS, or was it only specific to your vehicle? I ask this because I, too, have an 06 coupe with RAS and will be getting SPC control arms. However, some sites actually have the option to choose my specific vehicle with RAS, as others do not. It does seem that that all sites list the 72260 as the part number for our cars with RAS. I don't want to have to go through what you did and order the 72260 and find out that I need the 72290 or vice versa.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:20 AM
Originally Posted by Mickeyklu
Kethnguy - So is the SPC 72290 the correct arms for all the g35's with RAS, or was it only specific to your vehicle? I ask this because I, too, have an 06 coupe with RAS and will be getting SPC control arms. However, some sites actually have the option to choose my specific vehicle with RAS, as others do not. It does seem that that all sites list the 72260 as the part number for our cars with RAS. I don't want to have to go through what you did and order the 72260 and find out that I need the 72290 or vice versa.
I can not say for your 06 g35 with RAS. When i spoke to the engineer at SPC, they realized that some g35's with RAS were equipped with a narrower mounting bracket than other g35's directly from nissan/infiniti factory. (same as the Nissan Altima)
The best way I can say for you to find out which you have is to use a pair of calipers and measure the width of the bushing on your camber arms and ask SPC which model has the same width. Not exactly an ideal method since it will affect your alignment when you put it back on but its the most sure way to find out.

I dont remember the width. this guy had a picture of the measurements https://g35driver.com/forums/steerin...mber-arms.html but his pics are gone now. i just know that there was a 4mm size difference

Old 06-09-2016, 04:12 AM
I can not say for your 06 g35 with RAS. When i spoke to the engineer at SPC, they realized that some g35's with RAS were equipped with a narrower mounting bracket than other g35's directly from nissan/infiniti factory. (same as the Nissan Altima)
The best way I can say for you to find out which you have is to use a pair of calipers and measure the width of the bushing on your camber arms and ask SPC which model has the same width. Not exactly an ideal method since it will affect your alignment when you put it back on but its the most sure way to find out.

I dont remember the width. this guy had a picture of the measurements https://g35driver.com/forums/steerin...mber-arms.html but his pics are gone now. i just know that there was a 4mm size difference
Thank you for the suggestion. I'm wondering is there any way to measure the bushing thickness without removing the arm. Regardless, it sounds like its gonna be a bit of a pain. Why would Infiniti do something like this? At one point, these were $30k+ cars and for them to use Altima parts is just wrong.

Also, I know this thread was a year old, but did you ever install your toe bolts? Did you have any problems enlongating the steel frame that holds the toe bolt?

Old 06-09-2016, 12:02 PM
Thank you for the suggestion. I'm wondering is there any way to measure the bushing thickness without removing the arm. Regardless, it sounds like its gonna be a bit of a pain. Why would Infiniti do something like this? At one point, these were $30k+ cars and for them to use Altima parts is just wrong.

Also, I know this thread was a year old, but did you ever install your toe bolts? Did you have any problems enlongating the steel frame that holds the toe bolt?
You can try measuring the bottom of the bracket on the camber side (not the steel RAS toe side). See the pic on my original post. On my car, the 72260 was to wide to even begin fitting into the bracket so that could give you some indication. If i'm not mistaken i believe the 2 measurements are 70mm and 74mm (72290 vs 72260).

After I found out that the RAS uses a steel frame for the toe bolt I personally decided against elongating the hole. There's much less material on the RAS toe bracket than on non-RAS g35s and combined with the fact that it pushes the wheels in and out I didn't feel like it would be safe. I went with a true coilover set up and installed adjustable toe arms from SPL and haven't looked back.

There are a few people who have elongated the RAS toe bracket. I don't know about reliability but I do know its much harder to cut and you'll need a stronger drill bit that can handle the steel

Old 06-10-2016, 08:38 PM
You can try measuring the bottom of the bracket on the camber side (not the steel RAS toe side). See the pic on my original post. On my car, the 72260 was to wide to even begin fitting into the bracket so that could give you some indication. If i'm not mistaken i believe the 2 measurements are 70mm and 74mm (72290 vs 72260).

After I found out that the RAS uses a steel frame for the toe bolt I personally decided against elongating the hole. There's much less material on the RAS toe bracket than on non-RAS g35s and combined with the fact that it pushes the wheels in and out I didn't feel like it would be safe. I went with a true coilover set up and installed adjustable toe arms from SPL and haven't looked back.

There are a few people who have elongated the RAS toe bracket. I don't know about reliability but I do know its much harder to cut and you'll need a stronger drill bit that can handle the steel
In order to install the adjustable toe arms, you had to remove the spring bucket, correct? Did you just order the adjustable toe arm for an 06 coupe, or was there a different year or model toe arm that had to be ordered because of the RAS system? I know you said yours were SPL but I am interested in the Battle Version ones, but I'm afraid of fitment issues.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:51 PM
In order to install the adjustable toe arms, you had to remove the spring bucket, correct? Did you just order the adjustable toe arm for an 06 coupe, or was there a different year or model toe arm that had to be ordered because of the RAS system? I know you said yours were SPL but I am interested in the Battle Version ones, but I'm afraid of fitment issues.
Yes spring bucket completely removed. I ordered this exact toe arm https://www.z1motorsports.com/suspen...ks-p-5092.html with RAS option in the drop down menu. I believe it is the same exact SPL model as the 370z/g37 toe arm but I forgot.

i dont know anything about the Battle Version so I can't comment

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HELP! 06 6mt coupe SPC rear camber issues