Anyone try Truhart camber kits?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 04:58 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Anyone try Truhart camber kits?

Looking at some Truhart camber kits and couldn't find much about them here. Anyone try them? Any experienced people please chime in

Old 05-18-2016, 12:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looking to hear from someone with them as well

The following users liked this post:
Ichiglo_ (05-17-2019)
Old 05-18-2016, 09:26 AM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
Must be fairly new...if not then there's probably a reason no one knows much

Old 05-18-2016, 05:52 PM
Yeah they do seem fairly new although I have heard from a couple people using rears for a couple years with no problems but I've read that these only alow for +1.3 camber on each side so if you are going real low then you would need to look into something that alows a little more. I already have the SPC rear camber kit but wanting to hear from someone using these truharts in the front. Wondering if they are track reliable & alow correction for a 1.5 in drop

Old 05-18-2016, 07:16 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Badazzg, there are two brands of camber kits that we know work very well. Both are made well and allow enough adjustment to get your alignment back to OE specs. SPL or SPC available from our Marketplace under vendor suspension. Why mess with an unproven product when we know what works? My first purchase of a camber kit was a failure because it didn't offer enough adjustment, stick with what we know gets the job done!
Gary

Old 05-18-2016, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Badazzg, there are two brands of camber kits that we know work very well. Both are made well and allow enough adjustment to get your alignment back to OE specs. SPL or SPC available from our Marketplace under vendor suspension. Why mess with an unproven product when we know what works? My first purchase of a camber kit was a failure because it didn't offer enough adjustment, stick with what we know gets the job done!
Gary
Good advice but no info. I knew someone was going say SPC or SPL. It's kind of repetitive & cliche. Truharts are half the price & I haven't heard of any failure on other car makes. Hopefully somebody with them can pitch in a little review (unless there car flipped over)

Old 05-22-2016, 09:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Add Kinetix arms to the list. It's not just SPC and SPL

Old 05-22-2016, 12:08 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by Miko8
Good advice but no info. I knew someone was going say SPC or SPL. It's kind of repetitive & cliche. Truharts are half the price & I haven't heard of any failure on other car makes. Hopefully somebody with them can pitch in a little review (unless there car flipped over)
Half the price...first red flag! No cars have flipped over but have you heard from any owner that they offer enough adjustment to get to OE specs? If your Truhart a-arms were a well made quality item they'd be around the same price as the product previous members have suggested. Miko8, buy and install your Truhart a-arms and let us know where your alignment came in and how long those front tires lasted! You be the first one to try an unproven product that costs half the price of the good stuff...let us know!
Gary

Old 05-26-2016, 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
Half the price...first red flag! No cars have flipped over but have you heard from any owner that they offer enough adjustment to get to OE specs? If your Truhart a-arms were a well made quality item they'd be around the same price as the product previous members have suggested. Miko8, buy and install your Truhart a-arms and let us know where your alignment came in and how long those front tires lasted! You be the first one to try an unproven product that costs half the price of the good stuff...let us know!
Gary
I differently see your reasoning, thanks. I'm just looking forward to someone who is already using them to share their experience. I have SPC arms sitting on my table but looking for other options as well. Price margining doesn't mean quality, they could charge you any price they want & I'm some people would still pay because their name is well known. Supply & demand. If I decide to get the A arms with an inch drop, I'll be sure to post a quick review after sometime with them only to help the next person looking for product info/experience.

Old 05-26-2016, 01:56 AM
Definitely***** see your reasoning

Old 06-02-2016, 06:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Miko8,

Seems like you want to objectively evaluate the product. Then let's do that. Can you give us some criteria that you deem appropriate when evaluating an aftermarket suspension arm?

And, someone saying the typical "I've used this for xxx length of time and no issue" honestly means nothing.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by cv129
Miko8,

Seems like you want to objectively evaluate the product. Then let's do that. Can you give us some criteria that you deem appropriate when evaluating an aftermarket suspension arm?

And, someone saying the typical "I've used this for xxx length of time and no issue" honestly means nothing.
Build quality, bushings & ride quality. Why, do you have them? Are you going to give any contributive information on them?

Old 06-03-2016, 09:50 AM
-Please elaborate on "build quality"...are you looking at the material? welds (if any)?

-Bushings.....what type of bushings do you prefer? what's your usage and concern with bushings?

-Ride quality....there are no difference across different brand arms except for NVH. Changing a single pair won't make big enough difference especially on a G. Changing all arms with metal bushings will noticeably increase NVH, and perhaps a little more feel toward road vibration.

You mention terms like "Price Margining doesn't mean quality", insinuating SPC and SPL charge higher prices due to "well known" and "supply and demand"...You've said all these economic terms, but not once did you 1) prove these theories in this specific case and 2) compare the actual physical products from SPC and SPL, not even based on your own criteria. Doesn't that contradict with the objectivity you are trying to portrait?

I took issue with you sounding objective, but not do any homework yourself. I have no issue with one wanting to research and use these arms. But to be objective, you need more than throwing business terms around.

Edit: Even just asking more in depth questions is more contributive than asking blanket question and throwing out claims without basis. And if you have actually researched SPC vs SPL, that would've taught you an important thing or two about these Truhart arms. Best of luck. I challenge you to offer "contributive information".

Last edited by cv129; 06-03-2016 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by cv129
-Please elaborate on "build quality"...are you looking at the material? welds (if any)?

-Bushings.....what type of bushings do you prefer? what's your usage and concern with bushings?

-Ride quality....there are no difference across different brand arms except for NVH. Changing a single pair won't make big enough difference especially on a G. Changing all arms with metal bushings will noticeably increase NVH, and perhaps a little more feel toward road vibration.

You mention terms like "Price Margining doesn't mean quality", insinuating SPC and SPL charge higher prices due to "well known" and "supply and demand"...You've said all these economic terms, but not once did you 1) prove these theories in this specific case and 2) compare the actual physical products from SPC and SPL, not even based on your own criteria. Doesn't that contradict with the objectivity you are trying to portrait?

I took issue with you sounding objective, but not do any homework yourself. I have no issue with one wanting to research and use these arms. But to be objective, you need more than throwing business terms around.

Edit: Even just asking more in depth questions is more contributive than asking blanket question and throwing out claims without basis. And if you have actually researched SPC vs SPL, that would've taught you an important thing or two about these Truhart arms. Best of luck. I challenge you to offer "contributive information".
You are almost awnsering your own questions & sounds like you just want someone to talk to because I do not understand how I'm sounding objective. NVH wouldn't be a big difference but a good point to start. Build quality as in longevity of bushings (Some are known to fail), movement, WELD QUALITY (wouldn't want a fail). What more can I say?

Originally Posted by Toptoneone
Well long story short My kinetix camber kit driver side traction bar just broke off at the weld. I was not racing or acting in a irresponsible in anyway.I save that for the track. I was going 40 thank goodness I wasnt on the freeway. I went into a spin hit a curb then a tree. Pretty bad.
here are a couple pics from my phone
mass damage

look at the back tire that traction bar just broke off.

Im posting this because I have read that this kit does this and since I experiened it and could have hurt or even killed someone I dont recommend anyone get this product and if you have it on your car get it off. I posted in a earlier thread how great this kit is, I change my mind!
I've also heard of SPC becoming loose & even breaking in half but I'm not here to prove anything to you or waste any bodies info seeking time but rather looking for info on new products for our cars. Challenge your self

Old 06-04-2016, 06:24 PM
I've also heard of SPC becoming loose & even breaking in half
Nice, now you are talking. I was hoping you would lead to this so I don't have to.

I have seen that happened on a 370z. I have seen another brand (but looks very similar to SPC) arm snapped on a G35. Both rear camber arms. Contributing factors were likely the combination of mimicking the OEM design (arm isn't straight, has a slight kink to it just like OEM) and contamination during production.

I've also seen an OEM front upright snapped (370z). Nobody knows the real culprit, but most likely contamination in the manufacturing process again.

Leading to my first point here: how can one gain assurance that the metal didn't get contaminated beyond tolerance during the production process? Answer is you can't. Certainly not through the typical end users "reviews".

When suspension arm fails, your car drops itself on the 50+ pounds of rotational mass going at xxx mph...the saving one gains doesn't remotely cover the tow truck service.

The best safe guard is actually to buy products with proven history being punished in high stress environment. Leading me to my second point.

Price margining doesn't mean quality, they could charge you any price they want & some people would still pay because their name is well known. Supply & demand...
I knew someone was going say SPC or SPL. It's kind of repetitive & cliche
My second point here: putting SPC aside...you've included suggestion for SPL here being "Cliché" and insinuated it's pricing doesn't equate the quality advertised. Politely put, that's baseless. The very same SPL parts being retailed are being used on GrandAm cars. Slick tires + big brakes + better aero = huge grip and high stress to suspension arms. Personally speaking, I was riding in a car with full sets of SPL arms. Driver lost control, car slid and jumped two curbs at angle and around 40mph. But guess what? Alignment remained the same and no adjustments needed when he visited the shop for immediate check up right after the accident.

Good advice but no info
Why, do you have them? Are you going to give any contributive information on them?
Response like these, as well as the last couple quotes, are just passive aggressively condescending. You acted like you have insight to the businesses, but you don't. You wanted to be a pioneer in finding cheaper alternative, then best thing for you to do is call TruHart and find more details yourself. Throwing business terms around doesn't make you sound any smarter.

Last edited by cv129; 06-05-2016 at 01:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (07-27-2016)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone try Truhart camber kits?