Brake Pedal Does Not Come Up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Brake Pedal Does Not Come Up

After recently stomping hard on the brakes on my 2008 G35xSport, my brake pedal no longer comes up far enough to touch two brake sensors resulting in engine management cutting power. Brake lights stay on even if I turn off the car and lock the doors. However if I push the pedal up, it goes away.

I've temporarily fixed the problem by taping thick piece of paper where pedal comes in contact with sensors. However, that doesn't solve the issue. I've called Infiniti for consultation and they suggested replacing the sensors, but it can't be it because sensors still work when the pedal is pushed up far enough. I've looked on ebay at used brake pedal assemblies, but I'm not sure if that's the problem.

Has anyone experience same issue? I wasn't able to find anything online regarding this issue for my car. Does any one have any ideas what could've broken and how to fix it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-27-2016, 08:55 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Welcome to G35 Driver forums!

Typical dealership response, every neighborhood has a reliable independent brake/alignment shop you need to find yours! Talk to friends, neighbors or the counter guy at the local auto parts store. Your problem isn't the sensor, there's a reason your pedal isn't working correctly and it probably has something to do with the master cylinder. Have you checked your brake fluid level, that's a place to start...Gary

Old 05-27-2016, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by G35xSport
I've called Infiniti for consultation and they suggested replacing the sensors, but it can't be it because sensors still work when the pedal is pushed up far enough. .
When you called Infiniti did you speak to the service manager or just the person that answers the telephone?

Originally Posted by G35xSport

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
With a 2008 I'm sure the experienced techs at the dealer have seen this issue before.

Originally Posted by gary c
Typical dealership response, every neighborhood has a reliable independent brake/alignment shop you need to find yours! ]
There are also many unqualified independent shops with poorly trained and poorly paid kids working there.

Originally Posted by gary c
..., there's a reason your pedal isn't working correctly and it probably has something to do with the master cylinder. Have you checked your brake fluid level, that's a place to start...Gary
Agreed and the place to start is reading the FSM

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sedan/2008/BR.pdf

I no longer trust any independent shop to work on my vehicle.
Your life may depend on those brakes and I'd rather spend a little more to have a trained Infiniti technician do the work rather than some young poorly trained kid.

Telcoman