Drivers side rear suspension sag

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 05:26 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 Coupe
Drivers side rear suspension sag

I have a 2004 G35 6MT Coupe and I have a rear suspension issue, the drivers side rear sits at least 1" lower the passenger side. The passenger side looks to be correct stock height.

I have the car up on stands right now inspecting both sides and I'll be damned if I can see what is causing the problem. Bushings seem to be a little more worn on the drivers side but it does not appear any of the arms or links have shifted on the bushings. The spring seems to be fine and seated correctly.

Also when resting besides being lower there are no other signs of issues, there doesn't appear to be any additional camber, or if there is it is minor and not easily detectible eyeballing it.

The car in normal driving circumstances feels fine, however when pushing it or brining the back end around there is defiantly what feels like sideways jerk when bring the rear back into shape, sort of what you'd expect with low tire pressure but a little more pronounced.

I tried searching before but not exactly sure what to search for as this seems odd one side would just rest lower than the other

So I guess my question is three fold,

1 - Is there any common rear suspension issues with our cars?
2 - Has anyone experienced this before?
3 - Any go-to things to check?

I have attached two pics to show the rear ride height, would have taken specific ones of the wheel wells but car is still up on jack stands for now.

Thanks in advance for any advise or assistance

Old 09-10-2016, 08:44 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Click Me

Just answered this exact question not even a week ago. Driver side has more weight than the passenger side, as well as the weight of the driver causing the suspension to settle more. Very common issue, even with aftermarket suspension. Only solution is to adjust it out, or you could try swapping the springs. Either way, unless something is bent, its very normal and annoying. On my suspension I had to lower the passenger side front by 2mm and rear by 6mm to get it sitting flat.

The following users liked this post:
Digilog (09-10-2016)
Old 09-10-2016, 09:07 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by Conissah
Click Me

Just answered this exact question not even a week ago. Driver side has more weight than the passenger side, as well as the weight of the driver causing the suspension to settle more. Very common issue, even with aftermarket suspension. Only solution is to adjust it out, or you could try swapping the springs. Either way, unless something is bent, its very normal and annoying. On my suspension I had to lower the passenger side front by 2mm and rear by 6mm to get it sitting flat.
Thanks man. Although pretty weird, first car I have owned that had such a noticeable settling on drivers side.

Lesson learned don't use the default Bing search as I got no good results, spend the 30 seconds to switch my default search to google.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.