Just installed Bc br coilovers on coupe w/ extenders

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 10:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Just installed Bc br coilovers on coupe w/ extenders

I just installed Bc racing br coilovers on my 05 coupe I will say this suspension for the cost is nice and I love the adjustment from body and not spring adjusted. I had a old school hks rs suspension on it that was shot so it was time for replacement. I installed the extenders in the back for those that ever have question about it you have to pull back the trunk liner and reach the shock tower and drill a hole for the extender can go through then cut a x in the trunk liner so you can push extender through. Here are some pics of my install

This is where I cut a x in liner for extender to go through as there is no access to shock tower hole wise so one has to be drilled to push extender through.

Last edited by jdmek100; 03-04-2017 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Add
The following users liked this post:
cyncrvr (03-29-2019)
Old 03-04-2017, 11:54 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
What's your thoughts on the ride compared to your old Hks?

Old 03-05-2017, 04:19 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
If you had a sedan with the reclining back seats like the cool kids do you wouldn't have to do all that work for an extender. Recline the seat backs forward and you have access to the shock top and the adjustment *****. I love that feature on my car........

Old 03-05-2017, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
What's your thoughts on the ride compared to your old Hks?
as far as the ride goes in it's time being it was a kit that came out roughly 12 years ago so technology is that much better now a days and I don't think compares. My Bc be kit feels good of course cause it's new but I hear good things and it's rebuildable as well as loving the adjustment on the shock body and not changing the load of the spring lifting and lowering car. It's one selling point over others with me but ride for ride Bc is comfortable to me and with the damping adjustment you can dial in or tune suspension to liking. Here is a pic of hks and Bc side by side and the quality of lower fork is a lot more solid versus hks bottom fork it just bent in and broke while I was driving and damping was set on the softer side.

Hks bottom side just bent on and broke while driving and Bc seems more solid at that point

Lartytiejdke3 (03-05-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
If you had a sedan with the reclining back seats like the cool kids do you wouldn't have to do all that work for an extender. Recline the seat backs forward and you have access to the shock top and the adjustment *****. I love that feature on my car........
yeah it may be easier but in my case I bought a coupe not knowing and that probably wouldn't have been anything I thought about buying a car that a shock tower is accessible for extenders I wouldn't have even known I would need. I didn't need them but to make it easier so I don't have to remove shock to change damping I would say it's very little work I had to do I just opened up a hole that was already perfectly In place and cut x in trunk liner and that was that.

I do do like that reclining part of sedans and I might consider buying a sedan in time to build on cause indeed I'm trying to be a cool kid too.

Blue Dream (03-05-2017)
Old 03-14-2019, 12:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tien coil overs

Where did you drill the hole ? Can I drill it from this area?

Old 03-14-2019, 06:09 AM
Originally Posted by Travis Frymier

so where I did my drilling was looking at it from the outside of the trunk in there is a wall on the left and right side of the inside opening where your seat locks in place. I had to pull back the trunk liner and there was already a small hole I just drilled that hole bigger I will take some pics to show you exactly where because as you can see I don’t have a long amount of the extended the problem is you need to allow it room to bend that’s why mine looks angled down once pushed threw.

If you pull back the trunk liners around where the shock would be you will see the hole I’m talking about because you will be able to see light through it before you install the shock. I’ll send pics just give me till later on this morning

Old 03-14-2019, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by Travis Frymier

here is a pic to give you a idea of where I drilled hole. You have to pull out liner and you will see a hole that’s already there at least mine had a stock hole in my coupe.

Here is a idea of where at the shock tower I drilled the stock hole bigger. Just pull away the trunk liner and same on other side you will find a hole and you can see through the hole and see the light if your shock has not been installed yet.

cyncrvr (03-29-2019)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.