G35/350Z aftermarket coilover, springs and shocks spec's w/updates

Old 06-16-2006, 01:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, did you?

There is no mention of 2006 or even 2005+ so I am just trying to confirm there was no change for 2006.

Old 06-18-2006, 12:07 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by timzcat
Yes, did you?

There is no mention of 2006 or even 2005+ so I am just trying to confirm there was no change for 2006.
To answer your question, yes they are the same. I discussed this w/ the OP in another thread, as I have an 06 Coupe 6mt as well.

Oem rates for an 06 6MT: 314/427

Old 06-18-2006, 02:21 PM
Thank you!

Old 06-18-2006, 05:55 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Updated the second post on page one to add in info on Eibach Pro-street S coilovers. Also corrected the KW coilover post, they are twin tube's NOT mono tube construction.

Old 06-29-2006, 12:17 PM
MORE POWER PLZ!!!
I went thru the list and didnt see H&R Sport springs for the G35. Could anyone tell me more about these springs?

Old 07-02-2006, 09:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gsedan35
My question to you is, are the tein basics progressive or linear springs? I had always thought they were progressive. I checked the data on here and it does not say, so i figured if anyone would know, it would be you. Thanks!

Old 07-08-2006, 04:46 AM
By any chance can you add H&R? Although I hear they don't release spring rates.
Also Eibach sportline for coupe.

Good list. Thank you so much!

Old 07-23-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by G35sedan03
Gsedan35
My question to you is, are the tein basics progressive or linear springs? I had always thought they were progressive. I checked the data on here and it does not say, so i figured if anyone would know, it would be you. Thanks!
They are sold by Tein as linear front and rear. However, technically the front's are progressive, though they are not like most all progressive springs in the sense that they do not use coil binding to suddenly change spring rate. Also, they aren't going to have a very significant rate spread either. Rear springs are definately linear.

Old 07-23-2006, 11:07 PM
Updated first page with the following info

Whiteline 350Z control linear springs
Front: Part # 73219,
Spring rate 365 LBS Drop: .8"-1" (will be higher on a G35)
Rear: Part # 73220
Spring rate 445LBS Drop: 1"-1.2" (will be higher on a G35)
(sold as 2 front springs and 2 rear springs)
www.whiteline.com.au/store/

Old 07-23-2006, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by wyatthanson
By any chance can you add H&R? Although I hear they don't release spring rates.
Also Eibach sportline for coupe.

Good list. Thank you so much!
I added info on H&R, even though I'm against buying suspenision stuff without knowing the specs. I'd rather let those that don't care ignor the info then not have it at all.

To get Eibach specs I have to call them, not sure when I'll have time to do that.

Old 07-24-2006, 02:18 PM
_jb
Photographer

Originally Posted by Gsedan35
They are sold by Tein as linear front and rear. However, technically the front's are progressive, though they are not like most all progressive springs in the sense that they do not use coil binding to suddenly change spring rate. Also, they aren't going to have a very significant rate spread either. Rear springs are definately linear.
Interesting.

I E-Mailed Tein, and also asked them at the recent HIN in Orlando, and both times they replied with linear. I looked at a pair of their Basics and the spring looked like it was the same diameter all the way down.

Could you explain this a little further? Not trying to be argumentative... I'm just trying to learn.

Thanks.

Old 08-05-2006, 05:54 AM
anyone here have the HKS LS coilover set up? im looking for a daily drive coilover that is close to stock interms of comfort! how much does it drop the g?

Old 08-05-2006, 06:09 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by sngpimpin
anyone here have the HKS LS coilover set up? im looking for a daily drive coilover that is close to stock interms of comfort! how much does it drop the g?
I do. If you keep them at the factory settings the LS is a little stiffer than the stock sports suspension. I lowered mine and they are much less forgiving.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:49 PM
hmmm ok...does anyone know if Tien CS is more of a comfortable ride compared to the HKS LS? Now dont be mistaken with the LS+ and the LS, Im only refering the LS! Since I'm a daily drivers, would anyone recommend a spring and shock set up instead! Id like to lower my car perhaps .75in and no more than 1in! I know ken on this forum had a pretty cool set up with Dshocks, eibach and something else but im looking for osmething that will lower my ride, make it feel close to stock and that doesn't make my handling worse, some improvement would be good! I don't autocross or track my car so Ive thought springs and shocks might be a more suutable alternative but I need some advice! This will be my first modification on my car! I know ill prob need some camber kits but ill ask about that later (unless you have a answer for me). I'll lower with the stock 19s for now but eventually ill upgrade to some SF winnings or LE28s but some help would be great from those of you who know more or are experiences with differnt setups! thanks.

Old 08-05-2006, 10:04 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by sngpimpin
hmmm ok...does anyone know if Tien CS is more of a comfortable ride compared to the HKS LS? Now dont be mistaken with the LS+ and the LS, Im only refering the LS! Since I'm a daily drivers, would anyone recommend a spring and shock set up instead! Id like to lower my car perhaps .75in and no more than 1in! I know ken on this forum had a pretty cool set up with Dshocks, eibach and something else but im looking for osmething that will lower my ride, make it feel close to stock and that doesn't make my handling worse, some improvement would be good! I don't autocross or track my car so Ive thought springs and shocks might be a more suutable alternative but I need some advice! This will be my first modification on my car! I know ill prob need some camber kits but ill ask about that later (unless you have a answer for me). I'll lower with the stock 19s for now but eventually ill upgrade to some SF winnings or LE28s but some help would be great from those of you who know more or are experiences with differnt setups! thanks.
Out of the box the LS gives you about a .75" drop, maybe a 1" drop and they're pretty comfy. I dropped my car lower than that and now it's a little rougher. Plus I have 19" wheels. I would still recommend the LS's.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: G35/350Z aftermarket coilover, springs and shocks spec's w/updates