Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

CARFAX? - very informative video inside.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 03:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not to mention autocheck is cheaper for 24.95 you can get 2 months while 19.95 u only get 1 month.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another video about bad car dealers and carfax in Atlanta. Our favorite carfax rep is here as well.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/19086976/detail.html

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/investigat...16/detail.html

Avoid the following dealer. Atlanta used car center both locations, Atlanta Auto Leasing, Alpha Carz, Ga Best Car deals, Ga Best Motors and few others. You need to Run Autocheck before buying these cars. Dont depend on Carfax to uncover frame damages history. These guys buy junk. If you ran an Autocheck on any vehicle they got and it came back clean that just means its not frame uni body damage. It doesn't mean it hadn't been in an accident or flood. There is always a reason why a dealer can get a car a lot cheaper than the rest. If a deal is too good to be true it probably is.

Hopefully a full disclosure law is passed in GA soon.

God Bless

Last edited by onebadgs400; 06-01-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Dang it i jus bought 1 month of carfax lol. Well carfax has a BUYBACK GUARANTEE which states they will buy the car......

CARFAX will buy this vehicle back if
you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a
Department of Motor Vehicles and were not included in this report.
SEVERE DAMAGE
Salvage/Junk
Rebuilt/Reconstructed
Dismantled
Fire/Flood/Hail

ODOMETER PROBLEMS
Exceeds Mechanical Limits
Not Actual Mileage

LEMON HISTORY
Manufacturer Buyback

Old 11-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was one of the guys who got burned by carfax. Bought a Jeep with clean Carfax. Hated the car and tried to sell it on ebay, well ebay told me my description does not match car history. I was like WTF...So I went into Auto check since my buddy recommended it. And found out Jeep has frame damage. I did get lucky however, some dealer accepted it as a trade because they ran a carfax on it as well

DEFINITELY USE AUTOCHECK

Old 12-20-2009, 04:14 AM
Looks like ebay's new free history report program is through Autocheck. does anyone know if the purchased Autocheck report differs from the one on ebay?

Old 12-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
If you guys want a heavily discounted vehicle history report, just post the car for sale on ebay, get a free report then cancel the listing. haha

Old 02-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
The video was very helpful. I am looking to buy a G35 very soon and decided to sign up for "Autocheck" I have unlimited access for a short time if anyone would like a G35 checked out. Message me with the VIN and your email and I will try and get back to you. The forum has helped me out a lot and I am just trying to give a little back.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by OB05
Dang it i jus bought 1 month of carfax lol. Well carfax has a BUYBACK GUARANTEE which states they will buy the car......
CARFAX will buy this vehicle back if
you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a
Department of Motor Vehicles and were not included in this report

They will only buy the car back if you can prove that a DMV reported it. No where in there buy back guarantee do they say they will buy it back if it was reported by a police department or auction, which is where they get there info. So the only way they will ever buy it back is if YOU PROVE it was reported by a DMV.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Unlimited AutoCheck reports here, for the lowest price on the internet. Don't miss out.
This is not spam. This is a service that can help thousands of people. Don't get ripped off. Use SimpleVinCheck.com

Old 08-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What an incredibly informative thread AND video! No more Carfax for me! Is the offer to run some VINs still available. I've got a few cars I'm considering, and the dealer offered cleaned Carfaxes on all of them. After this video, I am extremely skeptical.

Thanks,
Michael

Old 08-21-2010, 05:20 PM
i don't know if carproof is for Canada only, but whatever carfax, autocheck misses, carproof always catches

Old 09-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Wow, this is incredible. Thank you for providing this! Not to mention that guy that worked for Carfax in the video was a complete tool.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
AutoCheck almost always includes information from more sources that Carfax does. One of the main differences is that AutoCheck includes auction information that Carfax does not. Neither will always be 100% accurate as in some cases they use different sources for their information, and these sources my not always volunteer its information in a timely manner. Some accidents can literally take years to find their way onto one of these reports. While other incidents may never be reported at all.

Keep in mind that one of your local mechanics wouldn't mind taking some money from you to do a pre-purchase inspecting of a used for you. Who better to look for signs of previous repair work than the guys that do those repairs for a living, am I right?

Old 05-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by jcseven7
AutoCheck almost always includes information from more sources that Carfax does. One of the main differences is that AutoCheck includes auction information that Carfax does not. Neither will always be 100% accurate as in some cases they use different sources for their information, and these sources my not always volunteer its information in a timely manner. Some accidents can literally take years to find their way onto one of these reports. While other incidents may never be reported at all.

Keep in mind that one of your local mechanics wouldn't mind taking some money from you to do a pre-purchase inspecting of a used for you. Who better to look for signs of previous repair work than the guys that do those repairs for a living, am I right?
+1000000

ALWAYS take it to a shop (preferrably of the same manufacturer as the car) and have them do a full inspection. Unless, of course, you are mechanically gifted or bring along a buddy who is.

$50-$100 in peace of mind is worth thousands later...

bryman

Old 07-16-2011, 12:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there is a place for people like that in the afterlife all those shady salesmen who think they got away with it Vengance will be had...!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CARFAX? - very informative video inside.