Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Good deal on my first G?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 06:28 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good deal on my first G?

Looking to buy my first G. Manual trans a must, and was hoping to hold out for a sedan because of the practicality, and for a G37 for the extra horsies, but this seems like too good a deal to pass on:
2007 coupe, 6MT, 17k miles
wilwood brakes all the way around (straight from the factory, not a mix n match ebay kit)
stillen sway bars
eibach sportline springs (with an extra set of eibach pro-kit springs)
tokico adjustables
kenetix pleneum and spacer
fast intentions cat back exhaust
front and rear camber kits (don't know the brand, knowing this guy they're good quality)
front upper and rear lower strut braces
mild window tint
Think he might have done PU bushings in the control arms- can't remember, maybe just wishful thinking.
+ all the original parts minus the exhaust.
$17,250

This thing is spotless. Always garaged, the guy never drove it in the rain. Underside looks like it was just driven off the showroom floor. Not even a speck of curb rash on the wheels.
LOTS of road noise from the front- oem tires are near bald, hoping new tires will reduce that substantially. Perhaps switching back to the softer pro-kit springs too?

So a near new G35 with $7-8k of mods (not even counting the time to install them)- worth $17k? Doubt I would've ever been inclined to spend the $3500 on the wilwoods (don't G35s have great braking already?), or the $1300 on the exhaust (pretty modest hp gain), or the $500 or so on the plenum + spacer for the same reason. I likely would've gone ahead with the $2k or so of similar suspension mods myself with a different car. Still seem like a good deal? Seems like people in these parts are asking nearly the same coin for stock coupes with 50k miles.

Last edited by arficus; 01-10-2014 at 06:38 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:42 AM
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. 17,000 miles with bald front tires that doesnt sound right. Run the vin at a Infiniti dealer that will be the best thing to do.All those mods with low miles and noise in the front.Is the noise humming?

Old 01-10-2014, 07:49 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I checked the vin via carfax and mileage seems to check out. Maybe the guy drove it for a while lowered without the camber kit and wore out the tires prematurely. I asked him if he'd tracked it, emphatically said no. Yes, there was a noise that seemed a bit hummy to me- I was concerned, but given the amount of tire noise it was hard to hear what was what, and I figured the thing just suffered from really poor soundproofing to begin with, so wasn't sure if the hum was normal or not. Taking into a dealership on Monday for a basic inspection- just charge an hr labor. What's your instinct telling you- what should I be asking them to check? Didn't remind me of wheel bearings, hum was coming more from the center of the engine compartment I think.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:07 AM
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
I have a 05x sedan love it! Ask him if the wheel bearing been replaced? I have heard on the x they can go bad at low miles.That could be whats causing the humming sound.I wish mine was a 6mt. With all the.mods and very low miles sounds like a nice buy.I would ask him if.you could get the front end checked out to be safe.