Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

How Much Is My G Worth?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 09:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How Much Is My G Worth?

So if you haven't seen my other thread HERE, my G was recently in an accident. Im looking to sell it now and purchase another from a buddy which is a 6mt sport package coupe same color and similar miles.

As I said in my other thread: "So they're currently fixing my G and it should be done by sometime next week. There were a total of around $6,300 in damages to the car and the insurance has my car valued at $12,600 thus it was not totaled. I plan on selling the car and purchasing my friends 6mt sport coupe with money I get from selling the car and diminished value claim.
Any ideas on what I could sell my G for after this wreck? All parts were replaced with brand new OEM infiniti parts, the car has 62,xxx miles on it, its in very good condition."

Im curious as to how much I could get for my G after this accident. With such low miles and the condition it is in most of my buddies thing I could be getting atleast $10,000 for it, but I would like to know what you guys thing.

I also plan on filing a diminished value claim for my car (the accident was not my fault) so I can get enough money to purchase another G. The insurance has my car valued at around $12,600 and the repairs cost around $6,300, any ex or current car insurance workers that could help me out with this one?

Interested to hear what you guys think!

Old 03-23-2014, 09:46 PM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Why sell if its being repaired with oem parts etc only to buy a car with similar miles? Same year and what not?

Just curious

Old 03-23-2014, 10:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by digital sol
Why sell if its being repaired with oem parts etc only to buy a car with similar miles? Same year and what not?

Just curious
Mine is an auto and my buddies is a 6mt with sport package ie brembos. I plan on having the car for along time and modding it. That just wouldnt feel right on an auto, reason I got the auto is cause I bought it for a steal.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:42 PM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Void
Mine is an auto and my buddies is a 6mt with sport package ie brembos. I plan on having the car for along time and modding it. That just wouldnt feel right on an auto, reason I got the auto is cause I bought it for a steal.
O i gotcha, that makes more sense! I thought of that as well a lot sense I would much rather mod a 6spd but im glad I went with the auto as a month later I tore me knee up and wouldn't have been able to drive for months lol!

Old 03-24-2014, 10:52 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
It is near impossible to guess how much you will get. With the heavy damage, a carmax wouldnt give you more than 6k probably. Selling privately, it just all depends on the buyer. List it for 12k and hope for the best. Personally I wouldnt more than 8k for a car with such heavy damage, but I am sure some people would.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:22 PM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
You really can't have a set price in mind with this kind of situation. You just gotta post it up and hope for the best. If you do get offered OVER 10k, consider it sold. 8-9k still isn't bad but either way you are still getting a huge chunk of the money needed to buy your buddy's G.
Best of luck man