Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Son buying a 2003 G35 coupe in Caribbean Blue- Good deal? Advice?

Old 08-19-2014, 04:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soon buying a 2003 G35 coupe in Caribbean Blue- Good deal? Advice?

It is a manual and has 110,000 miles on it and only had 2 owners. (blue xt. and tan int.) The owner now had added Brembo brakes, AEM cold air intake, headers, HKS cat back exhaust, Kinetix High Flow Cats, Motordyne 1/2in iso copper plenum spacer with coolant control valve, smoked clear corners, LED blue interior lights, LED turn signals, LED license plate light, AMSOIL only for the past four years and in march he had changed the spark plugs, brake fluid flush, rear differential flush, manual transmission fluid flush all with AMSOIL.
Clean title.
Buying for 8,500.

Definitely scooping the offer but I have a week because I still need to finish selling the car I own now.
Advice?

Last edited by yummyg35; 08-19-2014 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:30 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Check KBB and Edmunds to get a private party value. Then take the car to a qualified mechanic to inspect the car for defects and cost to fix anything. Compare those two pieces of information with the asking price. If they are close, it is a good deal.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:42 PM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
If it's in good condition, I'd say its a good deal. Definitely have a mechanic inspect the vehicle. Brembo brakes were standard on this year manual transmission coupes so not sure why he would add them, unless the owner before him took them off.

Keep in mind carribean blue is a rather rare color, if that's the color your son wants.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by dominate
If it's in good condition, I'd say its a good deal. Definitely have a mechanic inspect the vehicle. Brembo brakes were standard on this year manual transmission coupes so not sure why he would add them, unless the owner before him took them off.

Keep in mind carribean blue is a rather rare color, if that's the color your son wants.
Meant to type SOON not son ahahaa. Just realized I did that. And neat, thanks I'll do that! And I honestly didn't even ask why they were on there lol.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Check KBB and Edmunds to get a private party value. Then take the car to a qualified mechanic to inspect the car for defects and cost to fix anything. Compare those two pieces of information with the asking price. If they are close, it is a good deal.
Thanks!

Old 08-19-2014, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by dominate

Now why is the Carribian blue so rare? Do people usually pay more for it or try to look for it?
The owner says he is just in need of a 4 door now and is just selling it based off of KBB value and the KBB value is 9k.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:09 PM
Received 290 Likes on 218 Posts
I would be checking the valve cover for oil leaks and checking the compression rod bushings along with other worn suspension parts.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...rranty-up.html

Old 08-19-2014, 05:17 PM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by yummyg35
Now why is the Carribian blue so rare? Do people usually pay more for it or try to look for it?
The owner says he is just in need of a 4 door now and is just selling it based off of KBB value and the KBB value is 9k.
I believe Infiniti didn't produce as many caribbean blue cars compared to ivory pearl (white), obsidian black, diamond graphite (grey) etc. I rarely see caribbean blue coupes or sedans around.

I don't believe the color increases the value of the car, but if it's the color you want, keep in mind caribbean blues are not as easy to find as other colors.