Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Trouble Selling My 04 G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trouble Selling My 04 G35

Its been on the market for 3 months now and I deal with constant bullshitters.

Here's a link if anyone's interested: http://harrisonburg.craigslist.org/cto/5134065760.html

What ways can I improve my ad or selling strategy?

Old 08-11-2015, 03:12 PM
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Pics are not that awe inspiring. I would give the car a full detail, including the lower black trim, tires, seats, etc.

The faded black plastic trim on the bottom of the car needs some good black trim restorer. Tires could definitely use a tire dressing. Seats look dry and chalky looking, need a good cleaning and leather conditioner.

I would pull the plates after you get it detailed and take some good pictures. Go find a nice spot, maybe near a lake/field/old country road/scenic overlook/ or something, just don't take a picture in a field in front of a boat trailer.

Don't worry about the trunk open or door open shots. Shut all the windows and doors and just take some good, camera low to the ground pictures.

I'm sure there are budding new photographers that would love to shoot some pictures for your car for a few bucks. At my local Cars N Coffee, about a dozen photographers swarm the area then post up on facebook and most let you share/use their photos for free... hoping for future clients, of course.

But bottom line, clean it up, take better pics, and justify the cost by stating what the KBB/NADA value is for the car. I know sometimes those values are way off, but some people take stock in it and if KBB value is 7000 and you're selling it for less, that may buy it based on "proven" (Ha!) value.

Good luck!

Old 08-11-2015, 03:39 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Pro tip: tire shine works wonders on faded black plastic. Lasts for weeks too.

That being said, I'm not sure the pics are the problem, cuz if I were in the market for a sedan, id buy that car from you right now. But then again I could be wrong and I may just be seeing the potential. Glws, man.

I think hatch is right about throwing the KBB thing up there just as something to compare it to tho. You're probably more like me where you feel like its an honest, fair car for an honest fair price, and it should all speak for itself, however some people need to be told to buy things. Gotta sell it to em.

Last edited by ScraggleRock; 08-11-2015 at 03:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Hatchman (08-11-2015)
Old 08-11-2015, 04:47 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
I doubt it has too much to do with the pictures, they are better than a lot I see on craigslist. Only thing I can say to increase your hits is spread out your listings. Put an add on ebay and autotrader. Check used dealers around town to see what they would offer you for it. Post signs around town with pictures (grocery stores, starbucks, diners, ect.)

Old 08-13-2015, 08:42 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Price might be a grand high on a 11 year old car with over 100K

Picture selection could be improved. Simplify the exterior shots to 2-3 good profile pics in good lighting. Just show the car is in good condition exteriorwise to get someone to come take a detailed look. Turn the front wheels away from the shot. Keep the shot of the rim. Add a trunk shot. Add an engine bay shot. More interior pictures in better lighting. A few of those are too dark to see detail on the interior surfaces and such.

Last edited by Mustang5L5; 08-13-2015 at 12:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Hatchman (08-13-2015)
Old 08-13-2015, 10:40 AM
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Price might be a grand high on a 11 year old car with over 100K

Picture selection could be improved. Simplify the exterior shots to 2-3 good profile pics in good lighting. Just shot the car is in good condition exteriorwise to get someone to come take a detailed look. Turn the front wheels away from the shot. Keep the shot of the rim. Add a trunk shot. Add an engine bay shot. More interior pictures in better lighting. A few of those are too dark to see detail on the interior surfaces and such.
Good advice!