Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Need help looking for a g35 coupe

Old 02-04-2017, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help looking for a g35 coupe

Hey guys I'm new to the forum. Looking into buying a g35 coupe budget is 10k. I live in Scarborough and don't know know much about cars this is also my first own car. What year would you guys recommend ? I was looking at the 2006 coupe automatic. Also does anyone know any good dealerships in Scarborough that I can check out ? Getting your advices would be helpful. Thanks.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Price is reasonable for this car. Be aware, if you have about 100k miles you will need to replace a lot of the suspension components!

Old 02-04-2017, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Price is reasonable for this car. Be aware, if you have about 100k miles you will need to replace a lot of the suspension components!

how ow much would that cost ? And is maintenance fees a lot on the g35 ? A lot of the cars I seen are over 160k most in the 180k.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Maintenance prices reflect the $35k originally priced car, compared to the $25k commuter Hondas that exist out there.

This can be affordable to maintain, as I've not had too many "absolutely necessary" maintenance items come up in my 4 years of ownership of my G coupe.

The sedan I had before it was great too, but OEM brake pads and rotors were not cheap!

Old 02-05-2017, 11:35 AM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Definitely get the 2006 Coupe if you can find one in your area/price with less than 150k miles and good maintenance history and no accidents.

Originally Posted by Ashwin Sukumar
how ow much would that cost ? And is maintenance fees a lot on the g35 ? A lot of the cars I seen are over 160k most in the 180k.
I'll give you quotes from a dealership in FL:

Front control arms are about $700-800 parts and labor. There are 2 sets, upper and lower control arms. I did my lower arms first, then the upper to slit the cost. Its much cheaper if you do it yourself or maybe a local mechanic.

Yes you'll get raped at the dealer since they still charge prices like the car is new. But at least you know you'll get OEM parts and knowledgeable techs (for the most part).

Other things such as the stereo/cd player, window motors, door locks, etc may wear out. But for the majority, the car is pretty reliable if you take care of it and not abuse it.

Old 02-06-2017, 03:05 PM

This car has 168,00km dealership is asking for $8,950. He said car is clean no accidents, i asked him if the engine was worn out and he said the engine is near perfect and dosen't burn oil but i'm sure he's talking out of his *** cause every forum i seen the g35 consumes alot of gas. I asked if the service engine light is on and he said it is cause they had test pipes installed replace the catalytic converters. I'm not a big car guy so i need you car geniuses help !. I attached all the pics he had up.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

It would need a tune to bypass those codes. Since when do dealers sell cars with codes on the dash.

Does your area do inspections?

It can't pass inspection with a code on the dash! Car looks great though. Keep eating away the costs.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
It would need a tune to bypass those codes. Since when do dealers sell cars with codes on the dash.

Does your area do inspections?

It can't pass inspection with a code on the dash! Car looks great though. Keep eating away the costs.

Do you think i should buy this car ? Would you buy it ? I'm looking at eithe the g35 coupe 2006 or 2013 brand new Honda accord coupe EX-L v6. Do you want any other pictures to see if the car is good or not ? cause i'm scared to buy cars from used dealerships because you never know what could be wrong with them.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

As they say, YMMV, because it could be great or it could be awful.

The newer Honda won't have little problems like old suspension or failing electronics. I would personally buy the car that gets better fuel mileage, run off of 87, and is practically new, if similarly priced.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
...don't know know much about cars this is also my first own car. .
As others have mentioned

For a first car buy a Honda

Telcoman

Old 02-11-2017, 06:56 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
The G is the wrong answer for a first car for you, especially a high mileage used one. The ONLY way I would even think about suggesting it is if you could handle at least 90% of all the repairs and maintenance which it sounds like you can't. Repairs can be expensive and for a youngster it's just not a practical or financially intelligent decision. For example I replaced the radiator and thermostat a few months ago at 135K miles. Everything I needed cost $110 total and it took me about an hour and a half with a friend to do it all. Local Firestone quoted me $691 to do the exact same thing I did myself, yeah right.

On top of all this G's gas mileage is terrible and insurance alone will kill you even on a 11-12 year old vehicle. I've heard of young members here with good driving records paying over $500/month just for car insurance. Buy the Honda and you'll be happy. The G is definitely the sexier choice, we get that but you have a lot of life to experience and will be more ready to get that sexy, hot car in the future. Just my .02...........

Old 02-11-2017, 07:18 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
This car has 168,00km dealership is asking for $8,950. He said car is clean no accidents, i asked him if the engine was worn out and he said the engine is near perfect and dosen't burn oil but i'm sure he's talking out of his *** cause every forum i seen the g35 consumes alot of gas. I asked if the service engine light is on and he said it is cause they had test pipes installed replace the catalytic converters. I'm not a big car guy so i need you car geniuses help !. I attached all the pics he had up.
I'm not quite sure if we're familiar with the vast difference between oil and gas here

Don't buy that car.
Painted yellow stock calipers are a giveaway some ricer kid prob owned it

And stop looking at automatics. Get a grip.

Old 02-14-2017, 04:14 AM
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
I'm not quite sure if we're familiar with the vast difference between oil and gas here

Don't buy that car.
Painted yellow stock calipers are a giveaway some ricer kid prob owned it

And stop looking at automatics. Get a grip.
EL OH EL @ the last line. But like others have said, as you don't seem to know much about cars and maintaining them (No offense) but the Honda. It'll get better gas mileage and parts are dirt cheap. Learn to work on cars before you buy a used luxury car. The only reason I bought the G as a first car is because I know I could fix most stuff that goes wrong with it if anything were to happen.

If you are still dead set on buying a G, but stock and stock only. You thank me for this one. Any quality modded G is out of your price range

Old 02-14-2017, 10:37 AM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Aren't those the sport wheels, with sport steering wheel w/ orange stitching, with - I think - a sport bumper? Where's the brembos?

Old 02-14-2017, 10:50 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by BradMD_96
Aren't those the sport wheels, with sport steering wheel w/ orange stitching, with - I think - a sport bumper? Where's the brembos?
back in 2003-2004

The following users liked this post:
BradMD_96 (02-14-2017)

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.