Canada Serving Canada.

Got into an accident in GTA with my G!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got into an accident in GTA with my G!

I was stopped at a red light with my family in the car (wife and daughter). We were heading to Starbucks for a coffee when some lady who wasn't paying attention slammed into the back of my 04 G35 Sedan.

Wasn't a hard hit but it wasn't soft either, cause I had a headache after the accident.

But the worst news is that my immaculate car is now damaged from the bumber.

THere are 2 small circles on the left side of the bumber and the they are indented in. There are some 4-6 inch long scratches and a couple of 1-2 inch cracks (i think they are cracks, I couldn't tell at night).

The police didn't want to make a report since they think damages are under $1000.

What is the best place to take my vehicle for a bumber repair. I know the dealers use Dent Doctor, but will they do a plastic bumber repair, especially one that is slightly cracked and scartched?

This car was in perfect shape with no accidents untill tonight. All your recommendations on a repair shops are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 08-18-2007, 12:58 AM
i dont know if they can "repair" the plastic part at the bottom of the bumper...you might need a new one.

sorry to hear what happened. just this afternoon a lady infront of me reversed because she was in the pedestrian crosswalk, then when the light turned green she didnt go back into drive and reversed...probably an inch away from hitting me.

hopefully your wife and daughter aren't experiencing any headaches or backaches from the accident.

Old 08-18-2007, 03:39 AM
My mom's jetta got rear ended with similar damages to yours. Costed $850 to fix for replacing bumper and impact absorber (the styrofoam piece), included labour and installation.

Old 08-18-2007, 08:11 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by brown_fv
i dont know if they can "repair" the plastic part at the bottom of the bumper...you might need a new one.

sorry to hear what happened. just this afternoon a lady infront of me reversed because she was in the pedestrian crosswalk, then when the light turned green she didnt go back into drive and reversed...probably an inch away from hitting me.

hopefully your wife and daughter aren't experiencing any headaches or backaches from the accident.
I agree.

What is with all these woman drivers? Everyone on here claims a woman has run into them.

Old 08-18-2007, 08:40 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
I agree.

What is with all these woman drivers? Everyone on here claims a woman has run into them.
Women & cell phones......
I see way more women talking & driving.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
very dangerous indeed...but what about all these drivers who are now TEXTING while driving? probably the stupidest thing i have ever seen besides drinking and driving.

did you get any estimates on the damages yet?

Old 08-18-2007, 10:29 AM
No damage estimation has been done yet.

Since it's daytime now I had a chance to look at the damages in daytime. From what I can tell there are scuffs mostly and a couple of deep scratches. The bumper is loose though from the spot which had the full impact. Also one of the round circle sensor like spots is indented.

I guess my main concern is underlying structural damage that could have been done to the shock obsorbers.

Good news is the whole family is fine and my headache is gone .

Thanks for all the replies.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Could be. It was a woman making a left oncoming to me, without looking. I don't think she was on the phone, but just an incompetent driver.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I think in general people just pay a lot less attention on the road than they should. All 4 people who have hit me (all while parked) were women, but none were on cell phones; they were all just bad drivers with no real concept of what was going on around them.

TheCrescent, this is what I did. I got the womans insurance info and went to the collision reporting center (which is the police, but saves you making a report), bring all your and her info and they will access the damage. Call you insurance and give them all the info (including the CRC's claim #), they will give you a list of approved shops, go to a shop and get a quote, then you can go anywhere you want if you stay within that quote. PM me if you need help.

Old 08-18-2007, 03:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
I agree.

I know...women drivers are the worst. I'm sure glad I'm not one...

Old 08-18-2007, 05:44 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TheCrescent
No damage estimation has been done yet.

Since it's daytime now I had a chance to look at the damages in daytime. From what I can tell there are scuffs mostly and a couple of deep scratches. The bumper is loose though from the spot which had the full impact. Also one of the round circle sensor like spots is indented.

I guess my main concern is underlying structural damage that could have been done to the shock obsorbers.

Good news is the whole family is fine and my headache is gone .

Thanks for all the replies.
Glad to hear that the family is ok......sorry to hear that the G is 'under the weather'....... Push the insurance for a new bumper....

C.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
All the best bro... hope you will get your car fixed (and fixed right the first time!). After all, the most important thing is that your family is okay.

*I would rather spend a grand to replace my bumper then spending $300 and regret for not fixing it right the first time.

Last edited by godmans; 08-18-2007 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:50 PM
I got assigned an adjuster who wanted me to get an estimate done at one of their approved repair shops, which I did.

They have assessed the damages to be around $660 and the repair shop will not be replacing the bumper, they are only going to putty and paint the bumper.

Here is what the damages look like. You can see the indentation from license plate's blots - there are 2 indented bolt marks.

Judging by the image, do you think the the damages could possibly warrant a bumper replacement?

I've seen a replaced bumper on a BMW before and they left a very large gab between the seems and right now all panels and bumpers are a tight fit on my G35 and I don't want to lose this quality.

Thanks for the help.

Attached Thumbnails Got into an accident in GTA with my G!-dscf0248.jpg  

Last edited by TheCrescent; 08-24-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:54 AM
I got 4 of those too on the other car... two in the back, two in the front, both from parallel parking incidents. I'm pretty impressed that that was the only damage considering the hit was enough to give you a headache. Best of luck with the repairs.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:19 PM
I need to get a second quote on my car for the repair job just for piece of mind for myself.

Does anyone recommend a good repair shop that has experience in fixing bumpers and Infiniti vehicles?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got into an accident in GTA with my G!