Canada Serving Canada.

Finally did it, few questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally did it, few questions.

Ok well, I've signed all the papers for the order of a g35Xs black on black + high tech package. Had a question for you guys. The dealer is offering something called the sym-tech paint/interior protection for $850. It is some spray on solution that goes on top of the clearcoat and supposedly makes paint hold up much better against minor damages. Same idea with the interior. They offer lifetime warranty on their work. Has anyone heard of the company? I did a search and came up with nothing. Is it worth it or should I just take it to a detailer once in a while? Anything else I should worry about?

P.S. 10 days until I pick it up

Old 04-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Congratulations.

Personally I would not get the paint treatment. Waste of money. If you definitely want something like that get it done outside the Dealers for less money.

Spend your money on a clear bra treatment with a full bumper wrap instead.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Yeah, thats what I was thinking as well. I'll get that cancelled I guess, although I don't believe that there are any good detailing shops in Ottawa .

Btw, how is my pricing:

48 month lease
~825/month
1100 down.

I think it was 1500 or 1800 over invoice. Also, is the incentive still going? I know it was $2500 off for lease purchases a month ago, but now all I can find on the infiniti website is the 4500 cash credit discount? Dealer did not include any incentives.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Congratulations.

Personally I would not get the paint treatment. Waste of money. If you definitely want something like that get it done outside the Dealers for less money.

Spend your money on a clear bra treatment with a full bumper wrap instead.
+1... cheaper too. u can also buy a simple can of 3m scotch guard and spray down your carpeted areas. all other interior protectants can be found at your local auto store.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
+1 to most of above......
Those dealer add ons are a HUGE money maker for them.
You'll get far better value outside of the dealership.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:14 AM
thanks guys. I am thinking cash purchase now as well to take advantage of the $4500 discount. What is the resale value like on a fully loaded g35xs after 4 years with 55k kms in good condition? I drive MAYBE 1k/month, which also makes a lease kind of a waste. Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I need to make a final decision by tomorrow.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Both incentives should be in place until the end of the month...and I don't think you need to do a cash purchase to get any applicable incentives? If the dealer isn't passing the incentive on to you, you can be sure that they're keeping it for themselves...and if they're already charging you that much over invoice, they're getting too much of your hard-earned money, IMHO...

Old 04-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
+1 to all of the above. Definitely don't spend the money on the paint and interior protection at the stealer. Keep pushing for the incentives and better deal.

G/L

Old 04-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by ad infinitum
Both incentives should be in place until the end of the month...and I don't think you need to do a cash purchase to get any applicable incentives? If the dealer isn't passing the incentive on to you, you can be sure that they're keeping it for themselves...and if they're already charging you that much over invoice, they're getting too much of your hard-earned money, IMHO...
i made a thread about the cash incentives a few weeks ago; i believe i was told its $2500 for finance/lease and $4500 on a cash deal.

http://infiniti.ca/en/general/specia...offer_dbd.html

at the bottom is the cash incentive for the g35x, they should be passing the deal onto you or they are keeping it for themselves. if you dont bring it up im sure they would think you dont know about it and wouldnt give you the discount.

Last edited by brownfv; 04-09-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was trying to get on Infiniti Canada's payment calculator, but it's down. I used it when I was trying to get an idea of how much the payments would be on my '07 Coupe...when I went into the dealership, the first salesperson I dealt with quoted me a monthly lease payment that was almost $150 HIGHER than the web-based estimated.

When I pressed him to show me his calculations, he was very evasive. So, instead of wasting time, I simply went over him to the general sales manager, and came out with a payment in the range that I had calculated on the website...

Even though I leased, I got the highest applicable incentive at the time...that's why I'm confused about the current $4500 one only being if you purchase...

Old 04-09-2008, 01:21 PM
thanks guys, I will definitely talk everything over from the start

Old 04-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by ad infinitum
Even though I leased, I got the highest applicable incentive at the time...that's why I'm confused about the current $4500 one only being if you purchase...
with the right verbal skills im sure you can get the full 4500 discount before discussing a discount.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:24 PM
discussed cash purchasing and got 7650 off msrp including the 4500 incentive. Pretty good from what I can tell. Will most likely just buy it for cash...

Old 04-09-2008, 03:35 PM
How about 5starshine.com?

Old 04-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by One_Hertz
discussed cash purchasing and got 7650 off msrp including the 4500 incentive. Pretty good from what I can tell. Will most likely just buy it for cash...
Sounds great!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally did it, few questions.