Canada Serving Canada.

Krown and Rust Check

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hmm is this worth the money to get done if you only drive your car in the summer, keep it in storage, and avoid driving it in the rain? I had questioned whether to get mine Krowned last year but wasnt sure if I needed to since I only drive it in the summer.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ I rarely drive mines in the winter but I still get it done, don't even plan on keeping it forever, just peice of mind for the next driver + a selling "feature" (knowing the car has been taken care of)

Old 05-18-2010, 07:25 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
well try to look underneath your car when u have time to lift in a shop, u never know what u r gonna see.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comes down to the applicator not just the product .
I went to rust check mavis and dundas for the first time and it was the worse experience I have ever had after 10 years of going to crown on lakeshore .
This guy sprayed more on the outside than inside the panels. Thought I wasn't paying attention and put the tip on the nozzle in all the holes for 3 seconds and moved on . I waited for him to finish in case he had his own style of doing things before calling him on it.
He said it had enough pressure to get 3-4 feet from the hole across the inside of my 1/4 panels . He then found the wand and repeated the process which took much longer.
Didn't wash the car or get all the seams on the panels. It was a Spanish guy who seemed to own the place and he will never see a dime form me again for his absolute laziness and then lying on top of it . I like the rust check product as I used it all the time . When i went back to inquire about the missed seams he gave me a can and said I could do it myself as it might get on the rubber. He also said they never wash a car after application , so i went home with a oily car not to be washed for a week. Yah you can imagine what it looked like with dirt clinging to it .
Big bonus here never use rust check as there product swells rubber and seals so they split.

Back to crown this year and from now on.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:03 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by SKperformance
Comes down to the applicator not just the product .
I went to rust check mavis and dundas for the first time and it was the worse experience I have ever had after 10 years of going to crown on lakeshore .
This guy sprayed more on the outside than inside the panels. Thought I wasn't paying attention and put the tip on the nozzle in all the holes for 3 seconds and moved on . I waited for him to finish in case he had his own style of doing things before calling him on it.
He said it had enough pressure to get 3-4 feet from the hole across the inside of my 1/4 panels . He then found the wand and repeated the process which took much longer.
Didn't wash the car or get all the seams on the panels. It was a Spanish guy who seemed to own the place and he will never see a dime form me again for his absolute laziness and then lying on top of it . I like the rust check product as I used it all the time . When i went back to inquire about the missed seams he gave me a can and said I could do it myself as it might get on the rubber. He also said they never wash a car after application , so i went home with a oily car not to be washed for a week. Yah you can imagine what it looked like with dirt clinging to it .
Big bonus here never use rust check as there product swells rubber and seals so they split.
Back to crown this year and from now on.
What a horrible experience.
Rust Check does not hurt rubber. My weatherstripping was still perfect on all my vehicles. I used it on some of them for as long as 16 years.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:56 PM
same here.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:52 AM
When I went back and he handed me the can , the guys from the head office were there getting there company cars done ( dominion seal , also used to distribute meguires until 3m bought meguires ) they also said it will warp the rubber. It depends on the rubber as not all are affected, The one by my door glass warped but by my own stupidity years ago using it . None of the others had a problem , I am also pretty sure it was the green stuff used for the under body not the red that warps it.