Krown Dealers : http://www.krown.com/search.php

Old 09-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
L23Tan, how did it go?

Old 09-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G35fromTO
L23Tan, how did it go?
The Rust Check appointment went extremely well!

As I mentioned before, I stripped the trunk of my car the night before my appointment to make it easier for them to spray the areas they needed to and I wanted to minimize the number of holes drilled throughout the car as much as possible. I also removed my Engine Cover and Battery Cover.

I even put one of those dealer sheets on the floor mat and I also wrapped my pedals in painters' tape. To my surprise, they also used floor liners and a carpeted mat to protect my floor area from grease and they wrapped my pedals with paper towels and my driver's seat with a plastic liner.

The funny part is though, even after all that protection, they still asked me if I wanted to drive the car in, so I said sure! When it was done, they asked me if I wanted to drive it out... and of course, I did, as my shoes were clean!

The most difficult and painful part was watching and HEARING them drill my car!!! I ended up with 3 holes for each side. One in the door, one in the front fender where the door hinges are and one in the rear around where the door latch is. All the holes were plugged and it looks like the factory plug that is on the doorjam directly across from the door handle/lock area.

They also clean all your windows for you, before you drive out. The body was a little greasy, but this is normal.

I let the car sit in their lot pretty much for the entire day as it was dripping reddish oil like crazy! (this is a good thing!) It didn't smell too bad though... almost like Cherries? When I drove the car later that evening, it was smoking quite a bit! This is just from the oil burning off the exhaust and engine area. People behind me would move to the other lane and at one red light, the guy next to me was like... excuse me, I think your car is burning oil. I said yes, I know... it's burning a lot of it right now, thank you... and off we went! hahaha!

The car is still dripping a bit right now... but not as bad as the weekend. I'm happy that it hasn't rained, so all the oil has time to set, stick and flow everywhere. The car isn't smoking anymore and the interior is back to it's normal scent. The drive also feels smoother. I guess this is because everything was lubricated during the Rust Check application?

Overall, I was very happy with the service provided to me by Rust Check at Markham and Finch in Scarborough. All my future applications definitely be done there for sure. I would recommend that place to anyone looking to get 'Rust Check' applied to your vehicle.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Old 09-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
^^^Good report and I must add that all of my Rust Check experiences have been similar since I started getting it done in the early eighties.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Glad to hear it went well!

I still haven't counted how many holes they drilled (I should do that...) but definetly more than 3 per side.

The Krowne location I went to didn't let me drive the car onto their lift... I was about to but they stopped me and said it's due to it being slippery.

The first day there was a lot of oil that dripped off my car... after the application it sat in my office parking lot; I had a look at that parking spot the other day and it looks BAD right now lol... well it will go away with time, those aren't permanent stains, but I could see some people thinking the wrong way. My car is still dripping, but very very little... it's been 5 days now... I know it can go on for awhile.

I'm going to have to try Rust Check with my next vehicle :P

And the burning oil remark is hillarious!

Old 09-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
..thanks for the reminder on this,
got all of ours redone this week.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i saw underneath my car today and actually there is rust )) i guess im also on the line for protection done, i ll go to that place in markham seems like they now what to do, unfortunately i have no outside parking so my car will be on her period bleeding in my underground parking spot.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by musti82
i saw underneath my car today and actually there is rust )) i guess im also on the line for protection done, i ll go to that place in markham seems like they now what to do, unfortunately i have no outside parking so my car will be on her period bleeding in my underground parking spot.
You can do what I did... buy a cheap tarpaulin from cdn tire and use painters tape to tape the edges to the ground of your parking spot. Then, lay cardboard or newspaper over the tarp (or old towels or rags), to absorb all the drips.

So far, no stains on the garage floor.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:01 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by L23Tan
You can do what I did... buy a cheap tarpaulin from cdn tire and use painters tape to tape the edges to the ground of your parking spot. Then, lay cardboard or newspaper over the tarp (or old towels or rags), to absorb all the drips.

So far, no stains on the garage floor.
thanks for the tip. its a public spot(i live in a apartment building) but the oil and grease will get to my tires after its stuck on the ground. i ll find out from canadian tire ))

thanks again

Old 09-22-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm also thinking of getting either krown or rust check done - what's the difference? Sounds like they drill holes in our cars either method.

Also, L23Tan, if you don't mind my asking - how much did the rust check service come to? And is it an annual application after that?

Old 09-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
I just got the yearly reapplication done on my full size GMC extended cab with Rust Check. To re-apply it was $119 + tax, it is a bit less for a car.

I am getting just the bottom done of my 09 FX35 and they quoted me $40 for the Rust Check Coat & Protect.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Received 350 Likes on 232 Posts
i finally went to krown to get my 6mt coupe done, and all i can say is driving off it looked like my engine was on fire, everyone was looking at the burnt cooking coming from my hood

Old 10-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by redpearl99
i finally went to krown to get my 6mt coupe done, and all i can say is driving off it looked like my engine was on fire, everyone was looking at the burnt cooking coming from my hood
Did they take off the rear lights for you to spray that area?

Old 10-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Received 350 Likes on 232 Posts
nope, i just saw them taking apart the trunk

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Krowne rust protection done