Canada Serving Canada.

What you do/ have to offer...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What you do/ have to offer...

Another forum I used to frequent had a thread like this and it came in handy. If you feel comfortable enough, post up what you do and what you may have to offer. Maybe where you are too, since we're not all so local.

Me: In Calgary. Motorcycle Tech. Service and supply oem parts and aft. market accesories. Specializing in Ducati, Aprilia, BMW, but do quite a bit of modern Japanese Sport/touring bike as well.

*edit. added auto relevance* I was an AST apprentice years ago. I've done a few Subaru and VW motor swaps. Clutches, internals etc. Built a couple supercharger systems and like to play with anything automated. Have a smallish mill.

Last edited by 6MTKeith; 11-15-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Good idea, I just have nothing to offer, LOL!

Ok, I do know a little about I.T. management (20-odd years), am a pretty fair writer/editor and can help you choose the right telescope/binoculars for astronomy. Auto-wise I know the basics of paint correction, spring/sway bar installs and can hook folks up with synthetic lube products.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Neat idea to know our friends backgrounds here.

I was a Tool and Diemaker at GM.
Then I was on maintenance at a Nuclear Site for 29 years.

Prior to retiring I could do most machining jobs, overhaul and test any kind of regulator. Calibrate and overhaul and certify tools such as torque wrenches, micrometers, fall arrest equip't etc. Repair and maintain most rotating equipment.

Now I just chill and relax and try to avoid Wifey's tado list
Life is sweet

Old 11-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
very good idea,

im really good with home theatre/electronics, tvs and which is best for you and stuff like that. In biomed at york ri now so got a pretty strong background wid science stuff if anyone ever needs help. Auto-wise i can do almost all minor-medium stuff myself. Im getting pretty comfertable with our engine to, and had it out so can help out there to

Old 11-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool idea.

I'm a project manager for an OEM manufacturing (HW/FW/SW/MFG) shop in Calgary, but practical interests lie outside that role. Used to do electronics test and repair tech work and purchasing for the same firm.

Cars - general and in-depth mechanical, including electrical/electronics, any R&R, re-building engines, upgrading brakes etc.

Audio and HT - build speakers, re-build old hi-fi gear (amps, receivers, turntables).

AD

Old 11-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Computer builder/fixer/decider/maintence, just whatever to do with computers, im here to help.

cars: dont know much, only been in the modding area for a few months at the most. eager to try out new things and learn it though.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:10 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
This is a good idea.

I've been a G2 Gas Fitter for just over a year now, I install water heaters, Furnaces, and run gas lines for BBQ's, stoves, Dryers etc.

I also own and operate my business "SOUNDWAVES DJ ENTERTAINMENT" I play functions like Weddings, stag & doe's, Christmas parties etc, plus I DJ weekly at nightclubs.

** If anyone knows of a company in the Waterloo Region and/or Hamilton area I'm currently looking for a good job requiring a G2 gas fitter.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Interesting idea...

I am an Electronics Engineering Technologist but can build you a nice turbo kit . Currently I work for Alberta Agryculture (food research and developement) as a tech 6 and love it. I am good all around I guess, never called a plumber/carpenter/electrician/framer or have taken any of my cars in to a shop. I also woked as a tech for high end TPS/GPS surveying systems as well as machine controll via GPS. So I know my way aroudn that too.

I am very very good with fabrication though, and that is probably my favorite thing to do.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
im a personal banker, i do mortgages, loans, line of credit, credit cards, accounts, provide financial advice, sell mutual funds anything u can think of u can do at a bank )

Old 11-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Engineer, im good at difficult math (like PDE and all calculus., etc)

I design the internals of medical and hospital facilities. Like hvac, water, piping, electric, etc.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 06g35meister
Engineer, im good at difficult math (like PDE and all calculus., etc)

I design the internals of medical and hospital facilities. Like hvac, water, piping, electric, etc.
awesome! i might bug you before a test for help lol. grade 12 AP stuff. derivatives and integrals.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Drilling fluid supervisor, I have an associate degree in Criminology (Law Enforcement).

As far as what i have to offer this community. I can polish aluminum intake manifolds and piping basically anything aluminum. I have done the following upgrades to my car all DIY. I changed brake pads on Brembos, Since then I have upgrade to a BBK with SS lines, I have pulled and installed my motor a few times, installed coil overs and larger sway bars with adjustable end links, Rebuilt stock axles later upgraded them to DSS axles twice, swapped out the rear diff and installed a finned diff cover, Swapped my clutch/flywheel out and installed a SS clutch line, Installed a twin turbo kit, did a wire tuck, installed a larger rad, installed a return fuel system and twin in tank pumps (need help wiring them in though) basically I can install most performance upgrades or can give advice/tips on installing most parts.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
What I can offer...
I'm a registered REALTOR (real estate agent) on the side, I can help you with finding an awesome mortgage, real estate lawyer, to the obvious, finding a property.

Full time, I'm an electronics tech at the airport, I know computers/electronics, hardware and software extensively.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am a Pipefitter and 2nd class Gas fitter.

What can i offer, I can do basic car stereo installs, i can do alot of work on g35's as well. I have helped Sylvan lake V35 pull his motor (a couple times now) i have also installed suspension parts, fuel return system, polish aluminum parts and this winter i am going to install a rad and some other parts. In general a backyard mechanic and i am willing to lend a hand to help out.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I graduated as an Automotive designer.

Now Im in mining engineering.

Worked for Honda, Xstrata, Etc...

3D modelling is my thing!

Last edited by Shawn87; 11-16-2009 at 09:05 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What you do/ have to offer...