Canada Serving Canada.

LF: someone to get rid of my hyperblink will pay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts
It's a bit confusing. The DIY walks you through the process of fixing the signal lights as well as adding DRL's and adding a common ground to all of the lights. If you PM an email address I'll just send you the PDF file.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:54 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The hyper blinking is caused because the signal light is grounded threw the DRL module. It is a simple fix to rewire the grounds to fix that problem. Unfortunately you will loose your daytime running lights upgrading from a 2003 to a 2006 headlight unless you do some more wiring changes which include a few relays.

I changed mine over last year and couldn't find any good info on it so I wrote a web page explaining what I learned from changing mine.
http://www.members.shaw.ca/wincana/G35CoupeLights.html

The rewiring of the headlights for the hyper-blinking really is easy to do, the big pain is in removing the headlights so you can solder and heat shrink the wires properly, don't try to do it while it is still in the car, you have to remove them. Also if you want to regain the amber park lights like you had on your 2003 headlights that is also is a very simple modification once you have the parts.

Last edited by TheG35Dude; 04-18-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:38 AM
Originally Posted by nogoodname
How much work does it take just to get the signals to function properly?
Very easy once the headlights are removed, all that is required it to move the location of the ground wire on the headlights. You will need a solder iron and heat shrink.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:54 AM
Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by TheG35Dude
The hyper blinking is caused because the signal light is grounded threw the DRL module. It is a simple fix to rewire the grounds to fix that problem. Unfortunately you will loose your daytime running lights upgrading from a 2003 to a 2006 headlight unless you do some more wiring changes which include a few relays.

I changed mine over last year and couldn't find any good info on it so I wrote a web page explaining what I learned from changing mine.
http://www.members.shaw.ca/TheG35Dude/

The rewiring of the headlights for the hyper-blinking really is easy to do, the big pain is in removing the headlights so you can solder and heat shrink the wires properly, don't try to do it while it is still in the car, you have to remove them. Also if you want to regain the amber park lights like you had on your 2003 headlights that is also is a very simple modification once you have the parts.
It's a decent walk-through (I couldn't do better) but it's still a bit much for someone like me with my limited skills.

I still have that PDF file with complete walk-through including pictures ( I need pictures..) if anyone wants. I know what a pain in the *ss it can be to try and find these things.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:16 AM
If you have enough skill to be able to change you headlights you will have absolutely no problems at all fixing the hyper-blinking issue. Once your headlights are in hand look at the wires and trace them. Find your signal light wires and follow it back to the harness. Cut the black wire off at that point and attach it to the other black wire which goes to the HID lights. Put the lights back in and your done.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
still looking for help

Old 02-27-2011, 04:52 PM
just followed the write up super easy didnt do the drl but did the hyper blink! thanks for the write up.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Will pay someone to do the hyperblink wiring and swap in a tsx-r lense. I am ordering the headlights soon. I live in mississauga/brampton/west toronto area. please PM me.

Does anyone here do this?

Old 03-09-2016, 07:21 PM
does anyone have the PDF for this walk through?? Links are old and broken