Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Detailing and Caring for your ride.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TREMENDOUSLY GREAT INFO!!!!!!! Thanks a ton! You definitely make me excited to get on my grind in upkeeping the whip.

One question though: I have an all black (inside and out) daily driver that's outside 24/7. Do you have any extra steps that might help me out better? Any alternate products to use or extra steps? Do I need any extra protection?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Old 03-01-2009, 12:22 PM
I have never really been in the detailing section here on G35driver and let me tell you this thread is really good Picus thanks again!
so i basically need to get my paint back in shape since its an 03.5 and basically have only clayed and waxed in the past. from the write up I see that polishing or compounding is mainlly for paints with swirl marks well mine really doesnt have any swirl marks but rather some discoloration I guess called oxidation when seen at night under flourecent lighting such as at a gas station etc. My question is should I go with a good wash, clay bar, then polish and finally wax or seal? also, i dont have a PC but an old fashioned orbital will that do? thanks guys john

Old 03-01-2009, 11:20 PM
^Bump^

Old 11-26-2009, 11:21 AM
well b4 i read this thread, i had polished my car w/ PC. w/ little experience i left swirl marks on it. Some are just hard to removed. they are NOT scratched but seems like the paint has been 'burnt"...the body of the car does get hot after i polish...or "attempted" to polish. Could it be that i'm pressing too hard. I plan on getting more pads, currently i am using only one pad. the car looks nice and shinny but when the sun hits it at different angles you can see the swirl patterns. thanks for the help.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Thanks for all of your great info and time invested in putting all of this together. Quick question for you what would you recommend I use to get rid of acid rain/water spots on my side mirrors?

Old 08-22-2010, 04:12 AM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
I'd referred back to this thread soo many times it's ridiculous. Been so useful and really glad and grateful that you took the time to write this up. Probably spent around $600 or so in detailing supplies as of right now based off of this hah.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Picus- I have a caribbean blue G coupe..Im thinking i want to use a sealant..what would you say is the best sealant for the paint to just POP and stand out super glossy!?

Also, what is the best bang for buck Car polisher?

Old 10-06-2010, 12:16 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Z 2 G
Picus- I have a caribbean blue G coupe..Im thinking i want to use a sealant..what would you say is the best sealant for the paint to just POP and stand out super glossy!?

Also, what is the best bang for buck Car polisher?
Griots! Better than the pc 7424xp and cheaper.. You can pick one up for 100 or so new.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:39 AM
Amazing Info!!! I was planning on polishing my car this weekend and now I have something to go by

Old 10-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
simply put: p21s wheel cleaner ate the clearcoat off my stoptechs and ruined them. they are now a dull matte red. i was really dissapointed after hearing so many good things. from what i can tell so far, it didnt destroy my volks which was nice....

Old 11-17-2010, 02:24 PM
help with interior !!

i just got my g35 like a week ago now its at the shop getting some final repairs since its a salvaged. BUT since i bought it online i didnt get a clean look at the interior apparently the last guy turned it to hell now its full of dirt grime some oil stains etc. pretty filthy..also the electronics have a **** load of grime
what would you guys recommend for cleaning the leather seats with?i read online that the most efficient way is with a damp cloth and some hand soap ...create lather ....dry down than finish off with some olive oil to preserve the leather?
what you guys recomend? ill post some pics up when i can

i was gonna get a z32 than i upgraded to the g35

Old 11-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mreg420
i just got my g35 like a week ago now its at the shop getting some final repairs since its a salvaged. BUT since i bought it online i didnt get a clean look at the interior apparently the last guy turned it to hell now its full of dirt grime some oil stains etc. pretty filthy..also the electronics have a **** load of grime
what would you guys recommend for cleaning the leather seats with?i read online that the most efficient way is with a damp cloth and some hand soap ...create lather ....dry down than finish off with some olive oil to preserve the leather?
what you guys recomend? ill post some pics up when i can

i was gonna get a z32 than i upgraded to the g35

I'd personally recommend Leatherique:
Here's a how-to guide:

Old 12-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Detailing in the Washington DC area comes to your house!

Hey guys I found a guy that does waterless detailing and thought I'd share. He provides detailing service at your house, he did my car last week in the frigid cold since I can't wash my car in the winter...ecodetailmobile.com

Old 02-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Dang this post is super informative. Wouldn't be surprised if I could detail like a pro after a few practice runs

Old 04-09-2011, 11:58 AM
picus, i would like to get your thoughts on Zymol products. their auto bathe, hd pre wax cleaner and the carbon wax (for darker vehicles).

also, anything you could say about interior, ie the dash and console area.

very informative thread, i appriciate this a lot. thank you.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Detailing and Caring for your ride.