Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Sealant & Wax Product Recommendations for Infiniti Paints

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jdoria
I recently stopped using Zaino on my 07 G35 and moved to Optimum.

I cant believe how it works on ivory pearl. Insane slickness, gloss, and ease-of-use.
what product are you talking about, opti-seal? My car's the same color, I tried it out on my right door, gotta see what it looks like in daytime heh

Old 11-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by worldcrafter
what product are you talking about, opti-seal? My car's the same color, I tried it out on my right door, gotta see what it looks like in daytime heh
All of them.

Opti-Seal
Poli-Seal
Optimum Car Wax

Old 02-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I recently ordered and used "Dodo Juice - Purple Haze" on my Obsidian Black G coupe and I can tell you, the results were amazing!

Old 02-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
looking through my owners manual they make reference to base coat / clear coat...as I have desert platinum which looks a little dull. I would be looking for someone to corroberate if it in fact does have clear coat. Using any kind of abrasives on clear coat as I already know that Japanese paints are very thin one should use very little polish. washing and using clear wax only is best.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had great results with blackfire's line of products on my DG coupe (polish/wet-diamond sealant, etc.)

Old 03-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Cool

I personally don't believe that using the "appropriate" wax will enhance a specific color paint of your car. Even if it does, the difference will be extremely subtle. For all the top brand name waxes that cost 2x, even 3x+ as much as the typical wax, all you are paying is the brand name. Mind you, I do car detailing as a hobby though, but I'd say I know enough about the subject to have a word or two about it...

My car with Meguiar's Synthetic Sealant 2.1 (Roughly ~$20, waxes up
to 30 cars).

Another with Synthetic Sealant 2.1

Old 04-16-2010, 12:44 AM
akw
Originally Posted by OctoMan
Where does Athens Blue fall into the list of sealants and waxes?
+1

Ive been using Chemical Guys Pro Polish+ and M-seal, it brought out a really nice shine, but is there another product that would be better for athens blue?

Old 04-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Banned
cool info

Old 04-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by OctoMan
Where does Athens Blue fall into the list of sealants and waxes?
same Q here too

Old 05-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Mothers Ultimate 3-step wax.

1st use.
Cleaner wax - Sealer Glaze - Pure canuba wax.

And there after..
Cleaner wax - Pure carnuba wax.

(I haven't used sealer glaze in a while). Only when I use a scratch remove to touch up a spot. I go over with a sealer glaze followed by a coat of wax.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:07 AM
ok thanks for that we did need something like that long time ago , but i have 2004 g35 with Gray Met any advise what kind of wax should i use for that ?

Old 09-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant is the best that I've used. The metallic blue (TB) has never been brighter. Depth, gloss and slikness are incredible.

I really think the nubas and other waxes were muting the color even though they provided good reflection and shine. BFWD made a night and day difference.

I first prepped the finish with a good wash, clay and then Megs 205 machine polish. BFWD itself was an easy on easy off process.

Attached Thumbnails Sealant & Wax Product Recommendations for Infiniti Paints-img_1573.jpg   Sealant & Wax Product Recommendations for Infiniti Paints-img_1530.jpg   Sealant & Wax Product Recommendations for Infiniti Paints-img_1535.jpg  
Old 09-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Widdle ya into kindling
Is it a good idea to wax the car fist ant then apply sealant?

Just got a new Acura and am a former G35 Coupe driver. The car is white and I am sure it has been waxed by the dealer. Should I now apply sealant. They tried to sell me this at the dealership for a hefty price, but I would love to do it myself.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
generally, a sealant is applied and needs to cure before waxing, if waxing is needed at all.
Some people apply carnuba on top of other "sealants" or "sealant-waxes" to get a deeper finish or for more protection. I used to "top" Megs NXT or M21 Synthetic sealant-wax with Meg's Carnuba (M26) for these reasons. No wax is needed on top of Blackfire and I don't think anything could give you a deeper, brighter or slicker gloss, and so far its 1x durability is better than those other multi-coat processes.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Widdle ya into kindling
Originally Posted by LMG_35C
generally, a sealant is applied and needs to cure before waxing, if waxing is needed at all.
Some people apply carnuba on top of other "sealants" or "sealant-waxes" to get a deeper finish or for more protection. I used to "top" Megs NXT or M21 Synthetic sealant-wax with Meg's Carnuba (M26) for these reasons. No wax is needed on top of Blackfire and I don't think anything could give you a deeper, brighter or slicker gloss, and so far its 1x durability is better than those other multi-coat processes.
Should I try to remove the wax that is on there now. I think that a good wash in Palmolive would do the trick.

What do you all think is the best sealant. The above mentioned Blackfire, but I was really interested in the jetseal109. That stuff looks awesome.

It will be going on my new White TL with was from the dealership.

Attached Thumbnails Sealant & Wax Product Recommendations for Infiniti Paints-img_0237.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sealant & Wax Product Recommendations for Infiniti Paints