Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Fellow Detailers, What Is Your Favorite Product For.........

Old 07-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You wash your car with no soap? Maybe I'm misreading that? You just spray your car, and start wiping it down?

Old 07-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by superchargedg
What do you think about presta uccl.(ultra cutting cream light)with a rotary for light swirls.
I've never actually heard of or used a UCCL from presta... for light swirls, like the ones you get from washing with a brush? I will typically use Swirl Mark Remover on a foam pad...

And I have 'washed' a car with no soap before... if it is just dusty (like in a body shop) it is Presta again, but they make a Spray N Shine product. If you go panel by panel, you can spray and wipe the car clean... its not perfect, but it's WAY quicker than washing in a pinch...

Old 07-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by racefan318
I've never actually heard of or used a UCCL from presta... for light swirls, like the ones you get from washing with a brush? I will typically use Swirl Mark Remover on a foam pad...

And I have 'washed' a car with no soap before... if it is just dusty (like in a body shop) it is Presta again, but they make a Spray N Shine product. If you go panel by panel, you can spray and wipe the car clean... its not perfect, but it's WAY quicker than washing in a pinch...
I have the bottle in front of me and it says......Presta Strata ultra cutting creme light....part # 133432.I havent tried it yet but was just wondering how it works.Thanks anyway.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:10 AM
Well as some of you know, I am not that "knowledgable" about detailing but my dad showed me something that he picked up from Sunoco the other day. I forget what it is called(I am going to try to find it tomarrow) but it shined everything right up. BEST stuff I have EVER seen. NO lie. I sprayed it onto the dash of his work truck and wipped it off. As a result, no more finger prints/dust/dirt sticks to it. I also used it on his tires and it left a clean wet shine with no drip. We went to a job site and it was still pretty shinny(Drove through mud and stuff so it did get some dirt but it wipped right off and still had the shine to it). Now I know some of you may say he is a nub so I will not give it a try but I would suggest someone to try it. One bottle sells for ~$13 but we bought a case for ~8 each. When I get the name and you can'tfind it I will be willing to ship them out with making no profit. Worth a try IMO. I cleaned the dash of our boats and not one single drop of blood hardened on it or one finger print was left. It brought out the clean shine as if it was new. The salt did not even penatrate it. I'll update with the name tomarrow. Thanks guys.

-AGThing1227

Old 07-13-2008, 06:21 PM
So what polish would I use to get rid of a couple fine swirls and wax removal? Menzera 106FA, 87MC or 85U? I would go right to sealant application with no glaze. I want to give the Menzera line-up a try.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:04 AM
AGT: Do you have the name of the Sunoco Wonder product ?

Old 07-19-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by almatti
AGT: Do you have the name of the Sunoco Wonder product ?
Hey man, sorry I just got in from an emergancy over the past week. I placed a call into my dad, still waiting to hear back. Sorry, but will get it.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Optimum No Rinse is quickly turning into my favorite product for everything. I'm washing my car about 2 out of 3 washes with it, using it as a quick detailer at times, and just used it as a clay lube this weekend for the first time.

Just invested in my 2nd gallon of it...I can't believe how much I like this product.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Hey, I just got the stuff. It is called FW1 Racing Formula. They make a whole detailing kit that includes: Cleaning Wax with Carnauba, Tire and Wheel, Interior, and one other that I forget. I only used the Cleaning Wax and Tire cleaner. The tire cleaner works ok if you have nothing else to put on. Personally it is not my favorite but does last a while. The Cleaning Wax on the other hand works GREAT! It is an all purpose type deal that does a decent job. Highly Recommended.

Old 08-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
Optimum No Rinse is quickly turning into my favorite product for everything. I'm washing my car about 2 out of 3 washes with it, using it as a quick detailer at times, and just used it as a clay lube this weekend for the first time.

Just invested in my 2nd gallon of it...I can't believe how much I like this product.

Dude, i totally agree with this... ONR has proven to be a great asset, with multiple uses (i.e. waterless wash, clay bar lubricant, quick detailer)... I've spent close to $1k in the past year in detailing supplies, and I must say that ONR and UPGP are by far the best items that I've purchased...

Old 08-17-2008, 03:17 PM
Car Soap: CG Wash and Gloss

Claybar: Clay Magic or Griots

Polish (light cutting): Menzerna FP or Ceramic CC

Polish (medium cutting): Menzerna IP

Polish (heavy cutting): Menzerna Power Gloss

Glaze: CG Acryilic Glaze

Sealant: FMJ

Wax: P21S

Tire Dressing: Blackfire Long Lasting Gel

Wheel Sealant: Poorboy’s Wheel Sealant or JetSeal

Interior Protectant: CG Natural Shine

Leather Care: Leather? It’s 112 degrees today!

Quick Detailer: Meguiars in a pinch but dying to try the CG stuff.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Okay, noob question: what's the difference between Menzerna 106ff and P091e? Near as I can tell they are both called 'Intensive Polish'. The latter is a 32oz size and being sold in Canada, does that change the designation at all?

Old 10-02-2008, 07:28 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
Okay, noob question: what's the difference between Menzerna 106ff and P091e? Near as I can tell they are both called 'Intensive Polish'. The latter is a 32oz size and being sold in Canada, does that change the designation at all?
Wayne, the P091E is Menzerna Intensive Polish and the P0106FF is called just that. The IP will have more cutting power than the P0106FF. This chart should give you a good idea of the differences between the Menzerna polishes. I hope this helps.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Wayne, the P091E is Menzerna Intensive Polish and the P0106FF is called just that. The IP will have more cutting power than the P0106FF. This chart should give you a good idea of the differences between the Menzerna polishes. I hope this helps.
Immensely, thanks Shane. I was going to just PM you but it turns out maybe this chart is good info for others as well.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:21 AM
GC this is the best chart I've seen in a long time. I commented on another thread how there are too many Menzerna products. This gives a great idea of what each does...but also shows how close some of them are. SIP and 106ff FTW!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fellow Detailers, What Is Your Favorite Product For.........