Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Carnuba vs. Meguiars NXT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 08:37 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Carnuba vs. Meguiars NXT

check here

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 06-02-2004, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad you like the results. there isn't anything inherently wrong w/ the nxt/souveran combo. i'm actually using nxt and regular souveran on a black sedan. since you have acces to an orbital polisher, you should really consider trying to remove the swirls w/ a real swirl mark remover (something from 3m or meguiars). then applying your sealant/wax combo. i've found that nxt has extremely light abrasive (removes blemishes) and won't do much for swirls.

like most other people have found out, nxt is poor when it comes to durability. I will probably end up doing the aio/sg/souveran route somethime next week.

Old 06-02-2004, 08:56 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I used the Klassed AIO and Sealant/Glaze, then a week or two later I put on a couple coats of P21S wax.......that stuff is so easy to apply, and it really adds that depth that most acrylic sealants lack......

Problem is, it too has short term protection capabilities.......but if you don't mind putting in the effort every month or so....it really does put some glossy shine and smooth finish on the car. It takes me about 10 minutes longer to wax my car with the P21S rather than doing it with a detail spray....its really that easy.

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 06-02-2004, 09:32 PM

I bought the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran carnuba wax at a local car accessories shop, but it can be puchased all over the Internet. It appears that Pinancle (HQ in Stuart, FL) has set the retail price of $24.95 because that's the price everywhere. It's seems like it's very good stuff, and IMO, worked better as a top coat than the Meguiars NXT. Also, I must say it was very easy going on and coming off (although I waxed my car today in my garage, totally out of the sunlight as recommended).

I also saw and considered that P21S carnuba wax as well; read good things about that online. I'll see how my Meguiars NXT/Pinnacle Liq. Souveran holds up over the next few weeks. As far as my swirl marks go, I now have much less after the coat of the Pinnacle but I'm sure they'll reappear after a few washes. I don't personally have an orbital buffer, but my local car wash/detail shop does, and they'll use any wax I bring along. I read somewhere that the Meguiars Scratch X works well for minor scratches and swirl marks (because I've only noticed them on the hood and roof and not all over the car, I may only do this for those problem areas).

Thank you again to all those who replied with your experiences and comments. Let's try to keep this thread going...

BTW - the picture at the end of all my posts was taken a couple of weeks ago after the first coat of NXT, before the Pinnacle Souveran application. I see a significant difference today with the Pinnacle on top!

2004.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels
(basically Sport Package w/o stiffer suspension), Darkest Tint (this is FL afterall), Z Tube, K&N Filter<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by bsgoren on 06/02/04 06:42 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-03-2004, 05:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used the NXt Gen system on my black coupe last weekend and am very happy. They don't tell you this on the box....but after talking to Meguires....you need to wait at least 12 hrs between coats to let the polymers cure!
I used a buffer and Meguires paint cleaner first. Then applied first coat of Nxt. Waited overnight...and applied 2nd coat. Waited overnight again....and used the spray on Nxt booster wax for a 3rd coat.
Very deep shine, most swirls gone.
I'll have to see how it holds up......

"I like you.....You remind me of myself when I was young and foolish"

Old 06-04-2004, 01:23 AM

Looks great! See, what did I tell ya? It goes on and buffs so easily, you don't even need to use that much. I'm tempted to try the Klasse/Pinnacle combo now, after all the consistant praise. I don't know if I'd be able to tell much difference though on a silver car (?).

BTW, bsgoren, I'm just curious--where did you find your bottle of Pinnacle? I got mine at Driver's Seat in Boca.

2004 6MT (Silver/Willow), premium & aero packages

My old ride (I still miss her; put a lot of pride and joy into it): http://www.n-body.net/registry/john95ga/
<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by fldrummer on 06/03/04 10:25 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-04-2004, 08:00 AM

Yep, Driver's Seat in Boynton Beach. I'll see how long it lasts and if and when the swirl marks come back. For now, I'm happy! Thanks.

2004.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels
(basically Sport Package w/o stiffer suspension), Darkest Tint (this is FL afterall), Z Tube, K&N Filter

Old 06-06-2004, 08:44 PM

Since I didn't want to use my Pinnacle Liq. Souveran on my other car (since it seems to work so well with my black G35), I decided to try the Meguiars NXT on our Liq. Copper '03 Infiniti FX35 and, I have to say that it looks great!

So, after my very unscientific tests, it seems that the Pinnacle Liq. Souveran carnuba wax is better for black cars than the Meguiars NXT. However, the NXT seems very good for other colors (especially with metallic paint). Our copper FX35 looks very silky and has a sharp-as-glass mirror finish that my black G35 didn't have after I applied the NXT on it. I'll see how it lasts on the FX35; many people have said that the NXT doesn't last more than 6 weeks or so. I'm hoping that both the Pinancle Liq. Souveran and Meguiars NXT lasts for at least a few months. I'll keep everyone posted.

(basically Sport Package w/o stiffer suspension), Darkest Tint (this is FL afterall), Z Tube, K&N Filter<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by bsgoren on 06/06/04 07:14 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-11-2004, 01:02 AM

griots is awsome..only high quality products for our high quality cars.

Old 06-21-2004, 03:06 PM

Although I'm very happy with the Pinnacle Liq. Souveran carnuba wax, I'm still a bit annoyed by the swirl marks and hard-water spots (I believe left by washing the car in the sun and not drying it quick enough). My shammy is really annoying, so I just use regular towels now...but that's another story ;-(

So, after all the research and great posts by others on this subject, I decided to try the Klasse AIO/Pinnacle Souveran combo. I purchased and applied the Klasse AIO today; it's hard to tell if it took out all the hard-water spots and swirl marks.

Then, I will apply the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran carnuba wax over the Klasse AIO; I know I'm supposed to wait at least 12 hours for this. I understand most people use the original Pinnacle Souveran carnuba paste wax over the Klasse, but I had already purchased and used the Pinnnacle liquid wax and was very impressed. Has anyone used the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran over the Klasse AIO (on a black car) and what were the results? After I apply the Pinnacle top coat, I'll post my results.

2004.5 G35-S 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels, Alum Pedals, Dark Tint, Z Tube, K&N Filter<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by bsgoren on 06/21/04 12:09 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-22-2004, 12:21 AM

What kind of shammy were you using? I've been using the Absorber shammy for quite a while and love it. It works 10X better than a leather one and it never dries out or needs to be hung up to dry. I still go over the car with a soft cloth also, immediately after using the Absorber to make sure I get it perfectly dry... Sorry I can't comment on the Klasse/Pinnacle question though, but let me know how it comes out. I can't remember though, did you use a clay bar kit before you started? That might help.

2004 6MT (Silver/Willow), premium & aero packages

My old ride (I still miss her; put a lot of pride and joy into it): http://www.n-body.net/registry/john95ga/

Old 06-22-2004, 09:04 AM

I was using a leather shammy; maybe I'll get an Absorber shammy and try that. I didn't apply the clay bar first, but I had my detail guy apply the Klasse and do a light buffing on the hood and rear spoiler, trying to get the hard-water spots and swirl marks out. The guy at the Driver's Seat suggested this Zymol cleaner stuff if the Klasse didn't get the spots and swirls out; I'm hoping I found a solution and I'm done buying expensive cleaners/waxes for now ;-). If I have an hour to spare this morning, I'm going to apply a coat of the Pinancle Liq. Souveran carnuba wax myself...I'll post my impressions later. Thanks.

2004.5 G35-S 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels, Alum Pedals, Dark Tint, Z Tube, K&N Filter

Old 06-22-2004, 03:50 PM
Re: Klasse AIO/Pinnacle Liq. Souveran Combo???

I think I've found a solution!!! The Klasse AIO/Pinnacle Liquid Souveran carnuba wax combo is very impressive. I put on 1 coat of the Pinnacle Liq. Souveran on top of the Klasse AIO today. At a closer look, the Klasse AIO did seem to take out all those annoying hard-water spots and most of the swirl marks, and unless I spend a lot more time and $$ with Zaino, I don't think I can get much better than this. Finally...a very deep black - smooth, glossy, mirror shine without water pots and swirls; I'm happy! My after pictures in the next few posts...

BTW - the top pictures are after the Klasse AIO/Pinancle Liq. Souveran combo (the bottom picture is an old one in my signature).

2004.5 G35-S 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels, Alum Pedals, Dark Tint, Z Tube, K&N Filter<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by bsgoren on 06/22/04 12:55 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

283339-G35 after Klasse-Pinnacle combo.JPG

Old 06-22-2004, 03:57 PM

Another pic after the Klasse AIO/Pinancle Liq. Souveran combo...

2004.5 G35-S 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels, Alum Pedals, Dark Tint, Z Tube, K&N Filter

283346-G35 after Klasse-Pinnacle combo1.JPG

Old 06-22-2004, 04:07 PM

Lats pic after the Klasse AIO/Pinancle Liq. Souveran combo...this one is of the hood, my biggest problem area before with many hard-water spots and swirl marks. All gone now...just a nice, even, deep black, glossy, mirror finish...

283359-G35 after Klasse-Pinnacle combo2.JPG

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Carnuba vs. Meguiars NXT