Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Carnuba vs. Meguiars NXT

Old 06-01-2004, 08:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Carnuba vs. Meguiars NXT

I have 2 coats of NXT on my black G35 Sedan and am still not that impressed (and the 2nd coat was put on with an orbital buffer). I still have a lot of swirl marks (especially on the hood and roof). I know Zaino is the best, but I just don't have the time for it. I was thinking of trying Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Carnuba wax next. I've read a lot of good things about this carnuba wax; it's only $10 more than the Meguiars NXT. Does anyone have any experience with the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Carnuba wax and if so, how will it do with my black G35? Thanks.

2004.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels
(basically Sport Package w/o stiffer suspension), Darkest Tint (this is FL afterall), Z Tube, K&N Filter

Old 06-01-2004, 10:38 PM
Re: Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Carnuba vs. Meguiars NXT

I have used it for the last 2 wax jobs on my silver coupe and I'm very pleased with the results--very easy to apply and buff and shiny. It's definitely the smoothest-to-the-touch I have personally ever felt--heck, it's so smooth, it's slippery (I have not done Zaino though, so I can't compare that). Water still beaded pretty good after 3-4 months on the first application. I am 2 months into this application (several car washes using high-pressure hoses, I might add) and it is still holding up well. I highly recommend the Pinnacle! Please let us know how it looks on black; I'm very curious, even though I don't have a black car.

Btw, I also used a Clay-Magic clay bar, followed by the Meguire's polish (from their 3-step system), then just one coat of the Pinnacle Souveran.

2004 6MT (Silver/Willow), premium & aero packages

My old ride (I still miss her; put a lot of pride and joy into it): http://www.n-body.net/registry/john95ga/

Old 06-02-2004, 01:25 AM

I use Blackfire on my black sedan. It gets rid of the swirls (for awhile anyway), is relatively easy to apply and last a good six weeks or more.

03.5 5AT-S (Black-Willow-Premium-Sport-Aero-GroundingGear™-Silverstars-PIAA-PopCharger-Z Tube-Tint-Stillen Dual Exhaust)

Old 06-02-2004, 07:51 AM

Thank you for your replies. I'm going to try to put on a coat of the Pinnacle today if I have the time; I'll post up my results. I of course, invite others to post up their experiences with the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran and Meguiars NXT. Thanks.

2004.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels
(basically Sport Package w/o stiffer suspension), Darkest Tint (this is FL afterall), Z Tube, K&N Filter<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by bsgoren on 06/02/04 04:56 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-02-2004, 09:45 AM
Banned

Check out www.griotsgarage.com. Excellent products!

04 G35C DG AT
Prem Aero Perf RSG CC
2004 Pathfinder for the family

Old 06-02-2004, 09:54 AM

To get best results, suggest polishing with Klasse first. I use Klasse-Souveran combo on my red coupe (imo best combo, esp for black/red cars). This gives you the touted "perfect shine" ... providing exceptional durability/shine/protection from hybrid of synthetic polymers and natural caranuba. Here's a kit.
http://www.properautocare.com/klaskit.html

Old 06-02-2004, 10:31 AM

I just re-applied Klasse this weekend, and topped it off with Meguiars Deep Crystal Caranauba Step-#3 this weekend. Results were good enough for me, I just didn't feel like making another special online order for a wax glaze.

Drew
2003 G35 Sedan 6MT / Black / Graphite / Prem / Aero

Old 06-02-2004, 11:59 AM

Thanks again for the replies, guys. I've heard the Klasse/Pinnacle Liq. Souveran does an awesome job and I like the Griot's Garage products, but I tried this for now.

Ok...so I just applied 1 coat of the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran carnuba wax over the Meguiars NXT, and WOW...it defintely shows a better mirror finish than the Meguiars NXT. I know that any good carnuba wax will do that, and the polymer synthetic waxes are great too, but I have to say that I am impressed with the Pinnacle. So far, IMO, it's worth the extra $10 ($24.95) over the Meguiars NXT...the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran carnuba wax seems to be an excellent choice for black.

Now, I know I should have used Dawn dish det. or a pre-wax prep to strip the old waxes, but I just don't have the time to spend all day on a multi-step process (hence, my aversion to Zaino and some other top products ;-). So while just washing my car and applying a coat of the Pinnacle Liq. Souveran over the Meguiars NXT isn't the best solution, I have to say that it looks great. It even got out most of my swirl marks and water spots. I've attached a few pics below this post (the next 3 posts)...

I'll see how it holds up over the next few weeks, and I'll post an update. Thanks again for everyones assistance

(basically Sport Package w/o stiffer suspension), Darkest Tint (this is FL afterall), Z Tube, K&N Filter<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by bsgoren on 06/02/04 09:37 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-02-2004, 12:13 PM

Picture (in the garage) after applying the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran carnuba wax above my standard side view picture...

(basically Sport Package w/o stiffer suspension), Darkest Tint (this is FL afterall), Z Tube, K&N Filter<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by bsgoren on 06/02/04 09:14 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

268470-G35 after Pinancle1.JPG

Old 06-02-2004, 12:15 PM

Another picture (in the garage) after applying the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran carnuba wax above my standard side view picture...

(basically Sport Package w/o stiffer suspension), Darkest Tint (this is FL afterall), Z Tube, K&N Filter

268473-G35 after Pinnacle2.JPG

Old 06-02-2004, 12:18 PM

One last picture (in the garage) after applying the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran carnuba wax above my standard side view picture (sorry for the 3 posts, but I don't know how to attach more than 1 picture at a time -- if possible, someone let me know how -- thx)...

268475-G35 after Pinnacle3.JPG

Old 06-02-2004, 12:28 PM

Car looks awesome. FYI...applying Klasse replaces/strips old polish and wax and enhances shine of Souveran wax.

Old 06-02-2004, 12:43 PM

Maybe I'll try the Klasse/Pinnacle Souveran combo next time. For now, I'm tired after just a wash and wax, but the 94 degrees/60% RH Florida heat may have something to do with it too ;-) So far, I'm very satisfied with the outcome; it seems like the Pinancle Liquid Souveran carnuba wax works well for black cars. Thanks.

268494-G35 after Pinnacle2.JPG

Old 06-02-2004, 12:48 PM

looks sweet !

Old 06-02-2004, 08:09 PM

where do you get this pinnacle stuff?

Mitch
2004 G35C AT
Blk/Blk
Prem.Aero.Perf.Nav
Nav/TV Tuner w/ PS 2
2-10" Subs w/ Rockford Amp
Clear Corners
Pop Charger
Z-Tube

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Carnuba vs. Meguiars NXT