Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

20% Off Code till 5/11 - Leatherique on Sale - Leather Care Article

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
20% Off Code till 5/11 - Leatherique on Sale - Leather Care Article

20% Off Coupon Code
There's lots of new stuff going on at Detailed Image. If you haven't seen it yet, we redesigned our entire website in order to provide our customers with one of the best shopping experiences on the internet. Please visit our tour of the new site to take a look at some of the new features you can use to find exactly what you are looking for.

To celebrate the new site we created a 20% off coupon code that's valid until 5/11/09. To receive your discount simply enter in coupon code 2009DI.

Leatherique on sale for May '09
This month, we put one of the best leather restoration products on sale, Leatherique. The process consists of two products, Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil and Leatherique Prestine Clean. When used properly, the Leatherique process can restore faded, neglected, hardened, and even wrinkled leather.

Leatherique Prestine Clean 16oz: Reg $23.99, Sale Price $18.99
Leatherique Prestine Clean 32oz Reg $32.99, Sale Price $25.99
Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil 16oz Reg $33.99, Sale Price $26.99
Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil 32oz Reg $53.99, Sale Price $42.99

Step-By-Step Leather Restoration Guide with Leatherique
Todd Cooperider of Esoteric Detail, noted as one of the top detailers in the US, uses Leatherique on his customers vehicles. He recently put together a step by step guide on how he uses Leatherique to restore neglected leather and shared it with us. Bring your leather back to life by following the same exact steps as the pros.

More to Come
Moving forward, Detailed Image is excited to continue working on improving our website by bringing your more features, new ways to save, more products, in depth articles by professional detailers, and lots more.

Thanks for reading,

George

Old 05-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Is your position that conditioners work on coated(vinyl) leather then?

Old 05-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
Is your position that conditioners work on coated(vinyl) leather then?
I know there's a lot of discussion whether or not it's right to condition coated leather or not. When a car is brand new and the leather is in good condition, I keep things simple with a 1 step leather care product, primarily for UV protection. Something like 303 Aerospace Protectant or Optimum Protectant Plus or Poorboy's Leather Stuff, all great options. You want to maintain the integrity of the coated protection, but protect it from UV rays.

When the leather is starting to show it's aging with wrinkles and creases, then I do find some benefit in giving the leather a conditioning treatment from time to time. I don't recommend over doing it, but say you were using the Leatherique products, I'd recommend an application once or twice a year, then maintained with the other products that UV protect.

As you can see from the article posted, coated leather can still benefit from a deep conditioning, but it certainly isn't necessary to use it too frequently.

I guess that's my stance on the subject.

George