Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Time to attack some rock chips...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 09:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Time to attack some rock chips...

Being that I live in Calgary, and my G was winter driven... Well she has a collection of rock chips (damn Japanese paper thin paint...). Thankfully it has had a 3m bra and bumper, as well as fender flares all it's life, but that hasn't stopped rocks from chipping the **** out of that metal chunk right before my sun roof, my driver door (not passanger?) and my fender flares.

My plan of attack is langka to level the chips, with dr color chip AX6 Redline to fix her back up.

What I'm wondering is does anyone have an AX6 G, and has used either products? I want to make it look perfect, so I'd like to know how good the stuff is before I put it on my baby!

If this doesn't work... This summer screamin paintworks will be taking 5-8k from me to repaint it with thick solvent based paint

I can get some pictures of my chippage tomorrow if you guys would like!

Old 12-02-2013, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
I couldn't fathom spending that kind of money on a paint job, for me replacing chips is good enough.

It will look much better with the touch up method.

But the only perfect way is to repaint the whole body panel!

Old 12-02-2013, 12:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd have to paint the fenders, doors and roof. Would end up costing a ton anyways...

If I can make it look good with touchup, thats more then enough for me. I can't find a single picture of AX6 Laser Red touched up, so I have no idea how it will turn out.

Last edited by EuphoricMuscle; 12-02-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
At least you don't have to worry about metallic content matching with laser red. Too much or too little sparkle in a metallic touch-up is inevitable.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.