Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

I need my headlights professionally cleaned in and out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 02:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I need my headlights professionally cleaned in and out

I just purchased a 2004 g35 and It is going to need some work, starting with the fogging headlights, I tried cleaning both headlights with a turtle wax kit because there was electrical tape residue over the side parking lights (previous owner had an illegal color and was too lazy to remove it) but that barely helped. I also noticed on the side lights I think they are parking lights they have started to yellow also which is a different piece inside my headlight. I need someone reputable that can take my headlights apart and redo them for under 200$ if I need to spend any more I can just buy replacement lights. Could someone in the dfw area help steer me in the right direction?

I tried contacting Doctor headlight, something I found out was a reputable business with a warranty, but they will not return my calls or messages so i guess they don't need my money...

I also have a side light that looks aftermarket and it keeps getting condensation in it, does anyone know where they sell these or if it could be resealed with the headlights.

Attached Thumbnails I need my headlights professionally cleaned in and out-20140814_130218.jpg   I need my headlights professionally cleaned in and out-20140814_130226.jpg   I need my headlights professionally cleaned in and out-20140814_130236.jpg  
Old 08-14-2014, 03:07 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hello,

Do a search on this site, you will find many people who have restored their headlamps by themselves. I've actually seen headlamps that are worse than what you have. Try the link below:

https://g35driver.com/forums/care-de...storation.html

I'm pretty sure you can do it yourself.

As for the sidemarker light, I would make sure that the gasket which the light socket plugs into the marker housing itself is doing its job. I could be as simple as replacing that gasket. If it still has condensation you might have to replace the whole thing. People sell them in the marketplace all the time. You should have no trouble finding them for your coupe.

The following users liked this post:
Adro (09-03-2014)
Old 08-14-2014, 03:42 PM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by Cingular
I just purchased a 2004 g35 and It is going to need some work, starting with the fogging headlights, I tried cleaning both headlights with a turtle wax kit because there was electrical tape residue over the side parking lights (previous owner had an illegal color and was too lazy to remove it) but that barely helped. I also noticed on the side lights I think they are parking lights they have started to yellow also which is a different piece inside my headlight. I need someone reputable that can take my headlights apart and redo them for under 200$ if I need to spend any more I can just buy replacement lights. Could someone in the dfw area help steer me in the right direction?

I tried contacting Doctor headlight, something I found out was a reputable business with a warranty, but they will not return my calls or messages so i guess they don't need my money...

I also have a side light that looks aftermarket and it keeps getting condensation in it, does anyone know where they sell these or if it could be resealed with the headlights.
Did the TurtleWax kit consist of different grit sandpaper or just rubbing compound? Buy yourself a 20 dollar 3M headlight kit with roloc discs. You can re-do your headlights in a couple of hours. I did mine a few months ago for the first time and they came out almost brand-new pics before and after.

Those are clear corners and you can buy those for maybe 50 bucks. They pop right out though, so I would pull them out and make sure they are still sound.

Attached Thumbnails I need my headlights professionally cleaned in and out-1.jpg   I need my headlights professionally cleaned in and out-2.jpg  
Old 08-14-2014, 03:47 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by coffeysm
Did the TurtleWax kit consist of different grit sandpaper or just rubbing compound? Buy yourself a 20 dollar 3M headlight kit with roloc discs. You can re-do your headlights in a couple of hours. I did mine a few months ago for the first time and they came out almost brand-new pics before and after.

Those are clear corners and you can buy those for maybe 50 bucks. They pop right out though, so I would pull them out and make sure they are still sound.
Wow yours came out really good.

Old 08-14-2014, 03:52 PM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy168
Wow yours came out really good.
Thanks, I think did them in May and they're still looking really good. Required a couple of hours and I used my power drill on low settings.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:05 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Just ditch them and buy some quality 06 projector headlights.

Old 08-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts
Got my exterior and interior detailed and he just went ahead and cleaned my lights for free

Attached Thumbnails I need my headlights professionally cleaned in and out-image-2041641111.jpg  
Old 08-14-2014, 06:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PLENUMCOUPE
Got my exterior and interior detailed and he just went ahead and cleaned my lights for free
Who?

And to everyone else I need my headlights taken apart to clean the inside parking lights that are yellow. I might be able to clean the outside better with another kit but I feel no need when the inside parking lights are going to be yellow, I do not trust my do it yourself skills enough to do the oven method.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:19 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
^ does it matter? doubt you would make the trip to socal lol

Old 08-14-2014, 06:20 PM
Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts
A guy in woodland hills