Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

New to detailing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 01:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New to detailing

So right now I am planning on buying some products like soap, sealant, and some spray sealant from chemical guys. What are your opinions on their products? How do I properly detail my car, it is in good condition.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:57 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Tylerttn
So right now I am planning on buying some products like soap, sealant, and some spray sealant from chemical guys. What are your opinions on their products? How do I properly detail my car, it is in good condition.
Chemical Guys has a great selection of products, but there are also great choices from many other brands as well, so I would not limit yourself to just one brand for everything as you'll surely be missing out on some great stuff.

For starters, you're going to want to learn how to properly wash & dry your car using the 3 bucket wash method. You'll also want to learn how to decontaminate your paint with detailing clay, and then you'll need to apply a quality sealant and/or wax (I really enjoy Blackfire Wet Diamond or Menzerna Power Lock).

If your paint has some defects in it, you may consider purchasing a dual action polisher, pads, and correction products so that you can properly correct your paint to remove the defects and produce a perfectly shiny surface.

I would highly recommend having a look at our Detailing Guide which walks you through each step of the complete detailing process. You can also find tons of great information on our Ask-A-Pro Blog.

Let me know if you've got any specific questions or would like any product recommendations. I am happy to help!

Zach McGovern
Detailed Image Ask-A-Pro Blog Author
www.AttentiontoDetailingPeoria.com

Old 07-13-2015, 02:22 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Chemical guys makes some nice stuff, but you will need more than just one brand. If you are just getting into it, I would suggest buying a detail package with orbital, pads, polishes, clay, sealant, wax, soap, ect.
detailedimage.com and autogeek.com are the two best resources and places to buy products.

You should read the sticky too for alot of tips
https://g35driver.com/forums/care-de...your-ride.html

Here is a great flowchart on how to detail a car.

The following users liked this post:
Urbanengineer (07-14-2015)
Old 07-13-2015, 04:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Detailed Image
Chemical Guys has a great selection of products, but there are also great choices from many other brands as well, so I would not limit yourself to just one brand for everything as you'll surely be missing out on some great stuff.

For starters, you're going to want to learn how to properly wash & dry your car using the 3 bucket wash method. You'll also want to learn how to decontaminate your paint with detailing clay, and then you'll need to apply a quality sealant and/or wax (I really enjoy Blackfire Wet Diamond or Menzerna Power Lock).

If your paint has some defects in it, you may consider purchasing a dual action polisher, pads, and correction products so that you can properly correct your paint to remove the defects and produce a perfectly shiny surface.

I would highly recommend having a look at our Detailing Guide which walks you through each step of the complete detailing process. You can also find tons of great information on our Ask-A-Pro Blog.

Let me know if you've got any specific questions or would like any product recommendations. I am happy to help!

Zach McGovern
Detailed Image Ask-A-Pro Blog Author
www.AttentiontoDetailingPeoria.com
Thanks that was really helpful