Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

What are the best brands?

Old 07-14-2015, 06:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What are the best brands?

I was wondering what the best brands are for soap, wheel cleaners, sealants, micro fibers, washmitts, applicators, etc.

I was thinking of buying everything off of chemical guys first, see if I like it, then if I don't look for another brand for the specific product I didn't like.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:09 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Modesta is top sealant, cquartz is probably close second.

But for your purposes just buy a detailing starter kit.
http://www.detailedimage.com/DI-Pack...sentials-P153/
http://www.autogeekmobile.net/menzer...shine-kit.html

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 07-14-2015 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:08 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
SLICK has never had soap on her painted surface only clear, soft water. Griots garage www.gariotsgarage.com has some great products, I use their buffer/clay/machine polish followed by Zymol Concourse wax where I buy elsewhere. (Google) My Volks are polished with Mothers metal polish because I had the clear removed when it began to yellow. What it takes to keep them is worth every minute...Gary

Old 07-15-2015, 03:18 AM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
"Her" name is SLICK? Sounds like a tranny.. sure is purdy tho.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:18 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Just have your car professional detailed once and coated with Modesta BC-05 or Cquartz Finest. It will last you ~5 years. Then every month, just do a simple 2 bucket wash and follow up with a spray on reload.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:29 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Tylerttn
I was wondering what the best brands are for soap, wheel cleaners, sealants, micro fibers, washmitts, applicators, etc.

I was thinking of buying everything off of chemical guys first, see if I like it, then if I don't look for another brand for the specific product I didn't like.
There are plenty of great brands out there, but allow me to share some of my personal favorite products with you....

Wheels and Tires
Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner - Great for heavier brake dust buildup!
EZ Detail Brush - a great tool to clean the barrels of your wheels! Pickup the large and mini brushes!
Wheel Woolies Kit - A great tool for cleaning wheel barrels, and other hard to reach places!
Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner & Tuf Shine Tire Brush
Opti-Bond Tire Gel - Water Based, so it helps nourish your rubber!

Washing:
2 Buckets & 2 Grit Guard (Package) - Essential equipment for safe washing!
Optimum Car Wash - A great maintenance shampoo.
Sheepskin Wash Mitt

Bug & Tar:
CG Bug Bugger & Tar Remover
Stoner Tarminator - This tar remover will quickly and easily remove tar buildup

Drying:
Microfiber Waffle Weave Towel
Metro Master Blaster - The safest way to dry your car is to not touch it at all!
Master Blaster Sidekick - This small blower moves an amazing amount of air and is perfect for making sure you don't have any water left in cracks and crevices!

Decontamination:
CarPro Iron X
DI Fine Grade Clay
NanoSkin Glide (clay lubricant)

Polish:
Meg's M100 Cutting Compound (SMAT)
Meg's M205 Finishing Polish (SMAT)

Menzerna Fast Gloss 400 (DAT)
Menzerna Power Finish 2500 (DAT)
Menzerna Micro Polish SF4500 (DAT)

Sealant:
Menzerna Power Lock Synthetic Polymer Sealant
Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection

Wax:
Chemical Guys Pete's '53 Black Pearl Signature Paste Wax - Budget friendly wax that performs great
Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax - a truly premium show car wax that is simple to apply and looks great

Semi-Permanent Protective Coatings
22ple VX3 Signature Coating - A silica based coating that will provide great protection and maximum gloss! Very easy to apply.
CQuartz UK - A silica based coating that will provide great protection and maximum gloss! Great value, but more finicky to apply.

Buffers:
Griot's Garage 3rd Gen DA Polisher - Affordable, Effective, Reliable, and most of all SAFE FOR EVERYONE TO USE! This product is backed by a lifetime manufacturer warranty.

Backing Plates:
5" backing plate
3" backing plate

Buffing Pads:
Meguiar's MicroFiber Cutting Discs
Lake Country 5.5” and 3” Foam Pads (I typically recommend Orange Light Cutting Pads, White Polishing Pads, Black Finishing Pads, and Blue Fine Finishing Pads)

Glass:
Stoner's Invisible Glass

Metal
CG Metal Wax Polish and Protection

Microfiber
Quality microfiber is one of the best investments you can make. You must make sure that only the best products are touching the surface of your car so that you are not scratching or damaging the surface.
Black & Yellow Towel - Perfect for removing polishes, sealants, waxes, etc. Plush on one side and shorter nap on the other. My go to towel for most of the work I do!
Double Thick Edgeless Towel - This plush towel is great for quick detailers/spray waxes, rinseless washing, etc.
Black All Purpose Towel - A must have towel! The black color helps to hide any stains that may occur during use. I use these towels exclusively on wheels, exhaust tips, engine bays, and other dirtier areas.
Micro-Restore Microfiber Wash Detergent - Works great to clean your microfiber and help them maintain that "like new" softness. Much better results than with traditional detergents! This will keep your towels looking and feeling like new for a very long time.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you've got any other questions.

Zach McGovern
Detailed Image Ask-A-Pro Blog Author
www.AttentiontoDetailingPeoria.com

The following users liked this post:
WhosUrBuddiee (07-15-2015)
Old 07-16-2015, 10:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
SLICK has never had soap on her painted surface only clear, soft water. Griots garage www.gariotsgarage.com has some great products, I use their buffer/clay/machine polish followed by Zymol Concourse wax where I buy elsewhere. (Google) My Volks are polished with Mothers metal polish because I had the clear removed when it began to yellow. What it takes to keep them is worth every minute...Gary
I know this is my first post, but I think you've accidentally directed us to some virus/spam/**** cite. Can you change the link to "Griot's" please. It should be http://www.griotsgarage.com. You can see that you've misspelled it and it sends us to a malicious site.