Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Detailing 19inch Rays!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 02:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Detailing 19inch Rays!

Hey guys,

Recently purchased Meguiar's new DA Polisher which got me researching and consequently hooked on professional detailing methods. But, I can't seem to find any information regarding the 19inch Rays. I've gotten the car near perfect but waited on doing the wheels, wheel wells.

How do you guys clean them? I've always just used car soap because people said wheel cleaners can be harsh, and from past experience on other wheels if your not constantly wetting the surface it can leave dull spots if it drys. So I'm hesitant to use harsher products. The wheels are in really good shape overall so I'd just be polishing out some light scratching.

I want to pull all 4 wheels, clean the barrel/face and protect them. Wash and clay them first and probably the DA polisher in the barrel. Finish it off with some jetseal?

Looking at a few chips it seems the paint is layered with a black primer the silver paint and clear on top just like normal paint? Seems pretty fragile though and don't want to burn through the clear coat or whatever it is.

To get all the tight spots on the face would a mothers power ball/cone of some kind work?

I'm fairly confident with all the information learned from paint correction and common sense I'll have no issues... but I'd like to get your guys input, direction to other threads, as well as the do's and dont's and any other information.

Also, has anyone experienced problems with chemical guys diablo wheel cleaner on them?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Old 09-29-2015, 09:28 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Here's what I do for my wheels:

- Take wheels off car
- Power wash wheels with water only
- Soak 1 wheel with Sonax, wait 5 minutes, wash with MF cloth, rinse
- Remove any tar with Tarminator, spot treatment only
- Rinse and dry, repeat on other wheels
- Apply and buff Klasse AIO by hand, spokes are too thin for polisher
- Apply Klasse SG, wait 2 hours, buff off.

I wouldn't trust a polisher on the wheels, even a DA.