HFC, Locals chime in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HFC, Locals chime in

So i think i'm about to finally purchase HFC i've wanted for so long. My problem is i really can't decide between 3 brands.

Berk - Price is great and good reviews from other members. Middle-priced of the 3.
Crawford - Probably the best quality of the 3, but also the priciest.
Kinetix - Best price of the 3, not sure on longevity or quality.

Any local owners want to chime in on your experience withe either of these brands in terms of cost, performance, and sound. Thanks!

Old 09-03-2009, 04:36 PM
I have the kinetix I got them shipped for 200 or 300 and installed for 70 bucks. I love the sound and I have had serveral people tell me how sweet the sound is. I checked mine the other day and so far didn't see any cracking and haven't heard any leaks. I say go for it nice mod.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
i am also in the market for some HFCs, so i figured i would jump in on this.

i have read that the Kinetix have been "updated" with better clearance and more durability (think of it as a version 2 i guess). i have also seen that Kinetix will guarantee their HFCs for life and will refund you if you get a CEL after installation. i confirmed all of this via their website.

i have also heard that the berks tend to be a little raspy, but not bad. i am probably gonna go with the kinetix, but i'm waiting to see what the berks sound like on an actual application.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:27 AM
good info on the kinetix. I've been eyeing those because of the price and their "revision".

Crawfords have always been my favorites but of course the price steers me away. the Berks i heard of a slight rasp but was willing to live with a bit of it for quality and performance. Good info, thanks.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:31 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 155 Likes on 116 Posts
I have the berks (courtesy of waijai).. Don't know how many miles he put on them, but they had to be rewelded for a crack before he sold them to me.. Haven't caused any problem, and there WAS a slight rasp when I got them first installed, and my ear has atuned to that and the frequency isn't annoying at all. I think I was just used to hearing intake roar only, now I have intake AND exhaust sound.. Performance wise, I noticed a huge difference in accelleration in 3rd gear (in manumatic mode) And the note is gorgeous.. I'm meeting VicariousVision next Thurs so he can hear the ride on a stock exhaust.. Waijai's rolling through too cuz it's on the way home from work.. Dom if you wanna meet up sometime this weekend, I can roll through so you can hear them too..

Old 09-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by twalls
I have the berks (courtesy of waijai).. Don't know how many miles he put on them, but they had to be rewelded for a crack before he sold them to me.. Haven't caused any problem, and there WAS a slight rasp when I got them first installed, and my ear has atuned to that and the frequency isn't annoying at all. I think I was just used to hearing intake roar only, now I have intake AND exhaust sound.. Performance wise, I noticed a huge difference in accelleration in 3rd gear (in manumatic mode) And the note is gorgeous.. I'm meeting VicariousVision next Thurs so he can hear the ride on a stock exhaust.. Waijai's rolling through too cuz it's on the way home from work.. Dom if you wanna meet up sometime this weekend, I can roll through so you can hear them too..
Awesome stuff! I'll text you tonight.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:25 AM
I wanna come along twalls

Old 09-06-2009, 10:46 AM
I know you guys are talking about HFC but i just got some Fast Intentions test pipes and it sounds AMAZING !!!! It might be a tad bit too loud tho
Domenic... you looking just for HFC or would u look into test pipes also???

Old 09-06-2009, 02:09 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 155 Likes on 116 Posts
you have any gas smells coming into your car? and have you gotten a Check Engine Light? Those are normally the 2 turnoffs w/ testpipes..

Kwick, Dom and I haven't met up yet, so if you're still down lemme know. We'll meet somewhere that's convenient for everyone..

Old 09-07-2009, 02:04 PM
^^^
Sorry for going off-topic,OP, but I just PM'ed you about some info,twalls.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by twalls
you have any gas smells coming into your car? and have you gotten a Check Engine Light? Those are normally the 2 turnoffs w/ testpipes..
Well... If i have the windows up no... not at all actually. If i have the windows down the only time I can smell it is when i come to a complete stop at a stoplight and its just for 3-4 seconds. No check engine light... drove the car for about 400 miles this long beautiful weekend and nothing...

Old 09-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by dc78chs
Well... If i have the windows up no... not at all actually. If i have the windows down the only time I can smell it is when i come to a complete stop at a stoplight and its just for 3-4 seconds. No check engine light... drove the car for about 400 miles this long beautiful weekend and nothing...
Much like TWALLS pinted out, i'm worried about the same things which is why i wanted to stick with just HFC's on a stock exhaust. The few things i am taking into consideration is Sound, Smell, Smog, and SES light. I'm trying to find more clips with just test pipes on a stock exhaust, but i'm hesitant just for the check engine light factor. Glad yours is running good.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
I would have to say that test pipe were my biggest regret. They sounded really good at the low end. Once you get up to around 5000rpm or so, it sounded like you were being attacked by an army of Honda's. Started out really low drone and then rasp city. Driving around with the windows down was no longer an option. You could smell mother earth dying. I'm currently back to oem cats but, if I was to purchase HFC's I would have to pick either Berks or pony up for the Crawfords. >my 2 cents

Old 09-08-2009, 03:10 PM
So...whats a HFC? (I'm noob.)

Old 09-08-2009, 03:33 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
So...whats a HFC? (I'm noob.)
High Flow Cats

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HFC, Locals chime in