Problems with NTB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems with NTB

Originally I took my car to NTB in Arlington and purchased the one year alignment warranty. These told me that caster wasn't adjustable, when I have an adjustable camber kit on all four corners. .

So the other day I took my car to another NTB in Grapevine. They knew that I have a camber kit and they told me that the warranty doesn't cover aftermarket parts and the there would be a labor charge to bring everything back to spec. I had them adjust it because they said they'd adjust everything. They finished roughly 20 min later. I paid and left, I didn't look at the alignment sheet until I got home and that's when I realized that they didn't even adjust the camber or caster in the front. They also gave me a sheet saying that "The manufacturer does not specify front camber and caster adjustments."

Does anybody think I have any recourse know that the NTB in Arlington sold me an alignment warranty, probably knowing that I have a camber and that the NTB Grapevine charged me for an alignment and really didn't do anything?

Old 06-13-2012, 11:53 AM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
It's hard to read your form here but from the looks of it your not running much camber at all...toe looks good. You can't expect them to adjust your aftermarket parts on all four corners. They always do my rear but its a lot harder to do the front and i'm sure they don't even know how. Your alignment looks fine

Old 06-18-2012, 08:50 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
The only NTB I trust is one where Max works, in Frisco. Ive followed him around when he switches locations. The NTB in Grapevine is a joke. I got home after getting their "alignment" and the jackasses didnt even have the jam nuts tightened on the front tierods. I would trust those sh't for brains with a bicycle there. And the whole additional labor charge is a CROCK OF SH;T!!! Never once did I have to pay another location any money after purchasing my year alignment

Go there and ask for him by name.

The following users liked this post:
JaE35 (06-18-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 09:31 PM
I complained to corporate about the NTB in Grapevine and I was directed to go to the NTB in Arlington off of 287. This store also has an inground rack. They got everything aligned to spec and they said that they would continue to honor the alignment warranty. They also said that they would work with the regional manager to get my money back that the Grapevine NTB charged me.

I wound up getting a call from the Grapevine store and in the end I got my money back and the guy that charged me didn't sound to pleased. The manager of that store was trying to defend the charge by saying that by having an aftermarket suspension I voided the alignment warranty. Well I guess they were wrong.

You are right that the Grapevine store is a joke. The tech at this store also told his manger that he spent an hour on the car and in reality he spent only 20 minutes. The tech also told his manager that he brought everything back to spec. I called them out on so many things and the manager was pretty much dumb founded.

Originally Posted by G2FLIP4
The only NTB I trust is one where Max works, in Frisco. Ive followed him around when he switches locations. The NTB in Grapevine is a joke. I got home after getting their "alignment" and the jackasses didnt even have the jam nuts tightened on the front tierods. I would trust those sh't for brains with a bicycle there. And the whole additional labor charge is a CROCK OF SH;T!!! Never once did I have to pay another location any money after purchasing my year alignment

Go there and ask for him by name.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Received 111 Likes on 98 Posts
I had good luck with one of the guys at the one in grand prairie but now I think a younger guy is doing it and doesn't know what he is doin. Ill check out the one in Arlington next time. It's funny how they say the aftermarket suspension voids warranty but they sold me my warranty when I had coils and camber kits all around

Old 06-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Received 54 Likes on 53 Posts
I dont trust any NTB, look for more specialize shops honestly.. But G2flip is right, max did the alignment when the one time I took my car to NTB and he did a great job. I wasn't aware that he switched locations so I went to Affordable Automotive in Mckinney because a forum member works there and really took the time to get it dialed in how I wanted. Spent about a good 2 hours, and yes the front camber adjustment is a little tough especially when low because there isn't much room in there. Next time look into Cobb, Pro tuning performance, or dallas frame and alignment. Way better than any NTB..

Old 06-23-2012, 12:23 AM
After the alignment warranty from NTB expires I'll probably be going to PTP.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs down

Same situtation with me... But with firestone. I bought the lifetime alignment like an idiot

Old 06-25-2012, 05:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why even go to ntb. Texas track works for any alignment needs in ft worth

Old 06-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dpattana
After the alignment warranty from NTB expires I'll probably be going to PTP.
Originally Posted by g35rcr
Why even go to ntb. Texas track works for any alignment needs in ft worth
FYI... PTP is now Texas Track Works. They have been doing the alignment on my S4, and I would recommend. Cobb and Dallas Frame and alignment are the only other places I would go. NTB, Firestone, etc. are a joke (in general; sure there may be one good guy around at one of those places, but....).