Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Advice needed from fellow drivers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice needed from fellow drivers

Hey guys,*

It's been a while since I last posted on this great and informative forum. Ive been here just bout when I first purchased my G35 sedan back on 08. But recently my email got stolen so I couldn't retrieve my old user.*

Here are some old pictures of my car:*https://g35driver.com/forums/members...ride-4303.html

Mod list: *
Stillen gen3 intake
BB Grounding kit
GTM Test Pipes
INVIDIA gemni exhaust.*

Not tuned.*

Recently ive been going to the 1/4 mile strip mainly for fun and to meet fellow enthusiasts. But it got a bit more than that after a friend dragged my car and clocked 14.08 lol.*

So I've Set a challenge to my self and the car to see if I can break into 13s, and so far I'm failing.*

2nd time on the track was on Monday. I've done some little maintenance on the car such as cleaning the throttle body and replacing my k&n filters for the gen3. Both were utterly filthy.*

Ran multiple times and the best time was: 14.02 @ 160KPH (almost 100MPH) 0-60 was 2.18.*

The track wasn't well prepared as most of the guys claimed that night. And the temperature was 30c and vey humid.*

Is there anyway to improve this? I think a cooler weather would do. But any other suggestions like tire pressure psi, or a way to lower my 0-60 time?*

Some suggested me to use a higher grade fuel. Like VPs MS 103 with 99 octane. Since ours is 92 which considered crappy.*

Sorry for the nooby questions but i really wanna achieve this and any input or advice from you guys would be appreciated.

AB

Old 11-15-2012, 02:50 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Stickier tires and lowering the PSI in the trear tires will definitely help, the actual PSI will depend on the tire. As well as getting a tune. Other then that, more seat time will help out with the 60ft.

What kind of tires are you currently running?
Location of track?
Transmission?

Old 11-15-2012, 07:33 PM
I'm currently running Yokohama advan sports. Wat psi do u recommend ? 28?

Sorry for not mentioning my transmission which is 5AT.

The track is located in the middle of the desert in Bahrain. Middle east, where mostly its hot n humid all around the year except for now it's getting cooler since the winter season is kickin in.

I've thought of getting a tune long ago, but it is the lack of tuners in the country. Mostly are American car tuners. N they wouldn't touch my car. One garage quoted me 900$ for a tune ONLY! which was ridiculous and I was goin to be the first vqhr he would ever touch. So I chose the door.

I've Contacted GTM for an e-tune but there was no response. Uprev have told me that they don't do e-tunes for my car. My only chance is crossing the bridge to Saudi Arabia which as an hr away but I hate the country, roads, and the bridge it self.

Last edited by Bahraini G; 11-15-2012 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First off take out any extra waight you can (100lb = .0100sec)
Run it at the coolest least humid night.
Add 5/16 pelum spacer.
Running better fuel willl defently help. VP Streetblaze 100 if you can get it.

Keep in mind psi all depends on your experence. Less psi means less speed. But spinning off the line or not hooking up then your lossing speed aswell. So you need to figure out what psi you can get away with and still hooking up. This comes from trial and error. No one can tell you the exact psi for that tire for that day. You have to take into account track and air temp humity and air pressure. I have a waether station attached to my trailer that gives me real time data at the track.

If you can turn up the rev limiter without having to pay for a full tune.

Also... run the car as cold as possable.... but then before the run let it cool down as much as possable and start it right before the run.

These things should get you there without blowing money.

Oh yea dont run it with the A/C on!

Old 02-10-2013, 08:41 PM
practice your launching , shift at the right times and take extra weight off. You can free up a lot of power by losing a couple hundred pounds