Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Fiery 350 crash- driver killed himself, others

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 05:35 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
This is exactly why it bothers me to hear people on this and other car boards bragging about triple digit runs on public Hwy.
Long after those people are buried and forgotten--there will be those on this forum and others doing triple digit speed contests or going 80 on a 40 zone and killing themselves and or innocent men, women, and children.

KEEP IT FRESH IN YOUR MINDS--When you go for that throttle to prove you're the man--just keep in mind you can end up in the can--dragging innocent people into the frying pan--cooked to a crisp that is rigid as death--rigor mortis that is.
A dumb way to say do your part to keep you and your community out of the frying pan.
Don't race on the streets.

I call admins to shut down any new threads from members discussing their own public racing and wreckless behavior............ in loving memory of those who have died as a result of public racing.

You don't think some are motivated to race on the street so they can go to the car forums and brag it up and have bone heads respond with--Nice kill--unfortunately this is a real kill situation.

Yes In my younger days with another car I have speed contested on westheimer at night--so we all have been guilty at one point. I just hate seeing people die wrt to street racing.

Don't mean to preach--but let's face it--if you are killed by a young kid--there will be compassion for him/reduced sentence/life-long guilt and you are given 2 minutes on the news, 1 week online news/chat and then you are forgotten by all but your family. That sux.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=racing

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=racing

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=triple+digits

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...996#post854996

Last edited by Texan1; 11-27-2005 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:58 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
No sympathy for the arsehole, none whatsoever. Glad he took himself out of the gene pool.

Old 11-27-2005, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
accident always occurs when you speed.
stupid but cant be helped...;

Old 11-27-2005, 07:13 PM
the accident happened, someone has passed away, its time for us to leave this incident alone and let him/her rest in peace...

I had a friend (girl) who drove a 350Z and she has passed away last year. The cops speculate that she was speeding but she was trying to dodge a car that tried to change lanes. She went off the road and crashed into a tree along with a friend beside her. Her friend suffered huge neck injuries but my friend passed away. I seriously didn't know the real cause of the crash but whatever the reason is.... let it go...there is no point for us to investigate into the incident further.

Have sympathy for this guy because he is a human being (not as a street racer)?!

Old 11-27-2005, 07:21 PM
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by Renesis
the accident happened, someone has passed away, its time for us to leave this incident alone and let him/her rest in peace...

I had a friend (girl) who drove a 350Z and she has passed away last year. The cops speculate that she was speeding but she was trying to dodge a car that tried to change lanes. She went off the road and crashed into a tree along with a friend beside her. Her friend suffered huge neck injuries but my friend passed away. I seriously didn't know the real cause of the crash but whatever the reason is.... let it go...there is no point for us to investigate into the incident further.

Have sympathy for this guy because he is a human being (not as a street racer)?!
I will NOT let it go. I am not waiting around for my family to be affected by this. By keeping it fresh in our minds some of the younger crowd might be in a better position to make smarter decisions--decisions that can save lives. What better thing can a person be called to do than to save lives.

Old 11-27-2005, 07:30 PM
You can teach younger crowd not to street or to make smarter decisions but I think any human beings deserve some respect after they died.

You can't possibly be making every decision right... you are not telling me you never speed once in your lifetime? What if that one time caused you your life? How would you feel if you know people call you stupid?

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending street racing of even the street racers but if you ask me if I have sympathy for him, I will say yes. If you ask me if I have sympathy for street racing, I say no. Thats the point.

Old 11-27-2005, 07:51 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
...but I think any human beings deserve some respect after they died.
Really?

Even the 9/11 terrorists?

Even McVeigh?

The act of perishing earns you exactly *squat*

It's what you do that garners respect, alive or dead.

Old 11-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
You can teach younger crowd not to street or to make smarter decisions but I think any human beings deserve some respect after they died.

You can't possibly be making every decision right... you are not telling me you never speed once in your lifetime? What if that one time caused you your life? How would you feel if you know people call you stupid?

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending street racing of even the street racers but if you ask me if I have sympathy for him, I will say yes. If you ask me if I have sympathy for street racing, I say no. Thats the point.
I do not show my sympathy to him by not speaking against street racing. I never made a comment about him one way or another. I will say there are others like him that are a danger to the public. Some of them will be killed, and that is a sacrifice I am willing to make. It is the innocent people that concern me. Jeez, you're acting like a pulled a "funeral-crash" on the guy. I am not a funeral crasher.
I don't care what people say about me dead or alive. And yes I have sped, and speed contested in the far past in another vehicle--so no I am not a hypocrite--But I never ran from the cops--that actually killed the 2 people--not the race itself. So the question is, Have I ever run from the cops--NO.

Old 11-27-2005, 08:07 PM
Renesis-
You are not keeping tabs on the facts here. This kid was street racing for money, then he was running from the cops at triple digit speeds and then he rammed a van which ejected the driver of the van killing him. This human being deserves nothing...you can sugar coat this all you want but he killed someone while running from the cops. Had the Z driver not died he would have been in a jail cell...would you be supporting him as a human then? He just made a mistake let him off on his own reconizance?

If you kill yourself being stupid, fine. I feel bad. If you kill somebody else with your stupidity you should be made an exampe of with no sympathy.

Old 11-27-2005, 08:10 PM
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by bltzkrg
Renesis-
You are not keeping tabs on the facts here. This kid was street racing for money, then he was running from the cops at triple digit speeds and then he rammed a van which ejected the driver of the van killing him. This human being deserves nothing...you can sugar coat this all you want but he killed someone while running from the cops. Had the Z driver not died he would have been in a jail cell...would you be supporting him as a human then? He just made a mistake let him off on his own reconizance?

If you kill yourself being stupid, fine. I feel bad. If you kill somebody else with your stupidity you should be made an exampe of with no sympathy.

Attached Images  
Old 11-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

My heart goes out to both families for their loss.

It is not about the person the guy was....it is about the decisions he made and what he did.

Lord knows I made my share of stupid mistakes in my younger years....luckily, I learned from them and never killed anyone or myself.

Old 11-27-2005, 08:30 PM
I agree, both families need to be supported. It's just the driver of the car who is at issue.

Old 11-27-2005, 08:32 PM
I am sorry but I don't see the point....
Yes, I already said you can make an example of him and tell people not to street race but I don't think its necessary to say "This guy DESERVED to die because he is an idiot". This is the impression I get from the comments.. There is no sugar coating anywhere in my comments. I am just saying to just let it go.

And ChicagoX, this is not the same as terrorism... the terrorist sacrifice themselves to kill others but this guy didn't necessarily intend to kill himself and others.

Old 11-27-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by OldVFRGuy

It is not about the person the guy was....it is about the decisions he made and what he did.
EXACTLY!!

Old 11-27-2005, 08:38 PM
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by Texan1
I do not show my sympathy to him by not speaking against street racing. I never made a comment about him one way or another. I will say there are others like him that are a danger to the public. Some of them will be killed, and that is a sacrifice I am willing to make. It is the innocent people that concern me. Jeez, you're acting like a pulled a "funeral-crash" on the guy. I am not a funeral crasher.
I don't care what people say about me dead or alive. And yes I have sped, and speed contested in the far past in another vehicle--so no I am not a hypocrite--But I never ran from the cops--that actually killed the 2 people--not the race itself. So the question is, Have I ever run from the cops--NO.
Renesis--what do you have to say about this? I never called the guy an idiot, I never said no sympathy for the driver and his family--waiting for your response TO SPECIFICALLY WHAT I SAID THAT YOU OBJECTED TO.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fiery 350 crash- driver killed himself, others